This course introduces the concepts of equality, diversity and inclusion, and provides an overview of the main legislation and its practical implications. Delegates will explore how to play a positive role by exploring how to break down barriers to equality & diversity including unconscious bias and stereotypes and challenge unacceptable behaviour effectively.
Upcoming start dates
Enquire for more information
- Virtual Classroom
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is best delivered to cohorts of 5+.
Training Course Content
Core development objectives covered:
- What is diversity and inclusion?
- The key legal principles which impact on diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Identifying the four main types of discrimination
- Why it makes business sense to embrace diversity and inclusion?
- Understanding unconscious bias
- Why everyone holds unconscious beliefs
- The difference between conscious & unconscious bias
- Learning how to adjust your patterns of thinking
- Skills Practice Session – Identifying Barriers to Inclusion
- Looking at key business operations such as recruitment / delegation / performance management succession planning delegates will be asked to identify how unconscious bias can affect the decision we make.
- How to encourage the values and behaviours that foster an inclusive environment
- Identifying key behaviours required
- Employing an inclusive approach to all business activities
- Challenging discrimination at work
- Offering constructive feedback
- Knowing when formal action is required
Top 10 Awards
Top 10 Winner - 2023
We're delighted to announce that Futureproof Training is a winner in our Top 10 Human Resources Courses 2023 category.
Each year, we select the Top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.
Top 10 Winner - 2022
We're delighted to announce that Futureproof Training is a winner of our Top 10 Courses 2022 in Top 10 Human Resource Courses 2022.
Each year, we select the top 10 most popular courses on our site in some of the most popular categories to make it easier for our users to find the right course for them - so you can book with confidence.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Why choose Futureproof Training
Face to face delivery / Virtual delivery / One to one coaching Support
Tailored and blended development solutions for your business
ILM Accredited Centre / Levy Funding Available
Our partnership approach allows us to work closely with you to develop a ‘fit for purpose’ level of support that utilises a blend of engaging and challenging learning methodologies focused on a sustainable application of new skills and behaviours back...