AAT Essentials - Finance for Non-Financial ManagersGBC Learning & Development
AAT Essentials - Finance for Non-Financial Managers
By the end of the course you will have gained:
- An understanding of the key financial documents used in business
- The knowledge to interpret information from income statements and statements of financial position
- The ability to use financial information and analysis to make business decisions
- An understanding of cash control
- How to use budgets to manage business activity
- Confidence with a wider range of financial terminology
Suitability - Who should attend?
Managers and business professionals without a formal accounting or finance background who want a grounding in basic financial documents and who need to know how to use this knowledge to manage day-to-day business activity and be more effective in their managerial role.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
GBC Learning course attended certificate
Training Course Content
Setting the context
- What we will cover
- Your objectives and priorities for the day
Understanding the Income Statement Account &Statement of Financial Position
- What is included in a statement of financial position
- What is included in an income statement account
- The differences between the above two financial statements
Using information from the income statement account & statement of financial position
- How to interpret information from an income statement account and statement of financial position
- Ratio analysis
- How to interpret using ratio analysis
- How to use selected ratios to interpret information in financial statements
- The limitations of ratio analysis
Why cash doesn’t equal profit
What you can do to ensure there’s sufficient cash within the business
Using budgets to manage business activity
- How budgets help with day-to-day business management
- How to interpret information in a budget
Summary and Recap
- Gain an AAT Essentials certificate
- What Next? AAT Essentials: Budgeting – understanding the importance of budgeting and
- how to use it for business performance OR maybe Excel Level 1, 2 or 3.
Course fees are £265+ VAT per delegate.
GBC offers a 'buy one, get one half price' offer on all courses. Please send us an enquiry for more information.
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Average rating 4.5Based on 8 reviews
Find out more about this AAT Essentials - Finance for Non-Financial Managers course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!