Effective Interpersonal SkillsGBC Learning & Development
Effective Interpersonal Skills
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Identify your individual Interpersonal skills
- Use improved communication techniques
- Recognise the difference between submissiveness, assertiveness and aggressiveness
- Communicate with others in a way which helps to get your message across
- Implement influencing and persuading skills
- See how to use effective people skills in a variety of workplace situations
- Successfully delegate and handle constructive criticism
- Improve your working relationships through strategies you develop
Suitability - Who should attend?
Individuals that would like to enhance their performance by improving their working relationships with colleagues, clients or their team.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD Certified 6 Learning Hours, 6 Points
Training Course Content
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What are Interpersonal Skills?
- Ways to improve the effectiveness of your communication and reduce misunderstandings
- The importance of active listening
- Questioning and paraphrasing technique
- What is assertiveness?
- The difference between submissiveness, assertiveness, and aggressiveness
- How assertive are you?
Understanding and valuing differences
- Appreciation of different communication and working styles
- Find out which style you prefer
- Practise adjusting the way you communicate to the style of the person you talk or write to
Practising Persuasion and Influencing
- What is the crucial question when persuading other people?
- How can you influence people around you?
Feedback and Delegation – Applying Interpersonal Skills
- How to delegate effectively
- Handling criticism constructively
The way forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action
Course fees are £375 + VAT per delegate.
GBC offers a 'buy one, get one half price' offer on all courses. Please send us an enquiry for more information.
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Effective Interpersonal Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!