Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Executive PA - Developing Your Role
Executive PA - Developing Your Role - 1-day course for PAs & Secretaries
This Executive PA - Developing Your Role course equips secretaries and personal assistants (PAs) with the key skills necessary to provide top level support to their manager, developing their role and enhancing their careers.
By the end of the practical 1-day course, course delegates will develop a firm understanding of:
- The role of the Executive PA and the skills required for the position
- How to build a solid working relationship with their manager
- The principles of confident communication and assertive behaviour in the proper context
- How to manage their time more effectively
- Techniques for problem-solving and decision-making
Participants will leave the course with increased confidence and the mindset needed to take on more responsibility in their role.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Executive PA - Developing Your Role course is suitable for PAs and secretaries who are looking to develop their role and improve their skills.
Training Course Content
The course is structured as follows:
- What are we going to cover today?
- What are my priorities for the day?
The role of the PA / Executive Assistant
- How and why the role is changing
- What skills will help me to provide the proactive support my manager needs
- What do I want from my role?
- Understanding the role of management and where I fit in
- Building a successful working relationship with my manager - working in partnership
- What is assertive behaviour?
- Giving feedback to our managers and other team members
- Learning to say 'no'
Time management tips
- Managing myself, my manager and my workload
- Looking at symptoms of poor time-management and how they can be overcome
- Setting priorities and meeting deadlines
- To do lists, planners and other tools
Taking more control and responsibility
- Solving problems effectively and with confidence
- Making decisions in your manager's absence
- Using initiative to get the task done
The way forward
- Key learning - review of practical tips to take back to the workplace
Course fees are £325 + VAT per delegate. GBC offers a 'buy one, get one half price' offer on all courses. Fill out and information request for more details about price, location and dates.
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
Provider: GBC Learning & Development
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...