Grammar for BusinessGBC Learning & Development
Grammar for Business
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Form and develop a professional written manner through the appropriate use of grammar
- Identify and Discard outmoded writing conventions
- Improve spelling and make correct use of punctuation
- A significant portion of the session is dedicated to practical writing activities focusing on the application of theory in a business context.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Grammar for Business course is suitable for staff at all levels who feel their grammar is not at a level that allows them to communicate effectively or have an impact on the reader.
It is ideal for those who lack formal training in English grammar, as well as those needing a refresher course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
GBC Learning course attended certificate
Training Course Content
Introduction and icebreaker
- What we are going to cover today
Prioritising the course objectives
- Do you have specific grammar 'issues'?
- What would you like to achieve today?
A grounding in English grammar
- Verbs, nouns and pronouns
- Adjectives and adverbs
- Prepositions and conjunctions
- Punctuation and how to use it properly, including the apostrophe
Spelling and punctuation
- Getting the most from a spell checker and avoiding the most common pitfalls
- Using a thesaurus properly
- Getting to grips with punctuation including the rights and wrongs of using full stops, commas, apostrophes, hyphens, quotation marks, question marks, exclamation marks, colons and semi colons
Writing clearly and simply
- What is readability and what are the techniques that make a document more readable?
- Sentences and how to structure them effectively
- Avoiding common pitfalls like non agreement of subject/verb, misplaced phrases and dangling participles
- Using loose and periodic sentences to maximum effect
- How to structure and use paragraphs properly
- Plain English overview and how it links with the principles covered during the day
Recap, action plan and conclusion
Course fees are £375 + VAT per delegate.
GBC offers a 'buy one, get one half price' offer on all courses. Please enquire for more details.
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Grammar for Business course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!