Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Managing People Effectively - Level 2GBC Learning & Development
Managing People Effectively Level 2 - 1-day Course
This Managing People Effectively course offers a powerfully reliable framework of core leadership skills for managers, supervisors and those that assume responsibility at any level looking to solidify and build on their expertise.
This one-day course will explore standard management tools and key management behaviours, combining theoretical and practical elements to enable participants to:
- Understand the characteristics of a good manager
- Know how to achieve results via effective management
- Understand their team via Situational Leadership
- Learn a framework for the performance review
- Develop a coaching style
- Deal with conflict more effectively
From the course, participants will come away with an action plan designed to support them in their future management development activities.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Managing People Effectively course is suitable for established middle and senior managers who are looking to bring an extra dimension to the performance of an individual or a team. A key objective is to get the best from your people through support, encouragement, positive and constructive communication techniques and effective coaching.
Training Course Content
The course is structured as follows:
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- Establishing what you want to achieve today
- Building on your success
The Successful Manager
- Key management responsibilities using the John Adair model
- Behavioural characteristics of a good manager
- Leadership Styles – Situational Leadership
- Recognise the key stages – Directing/Training/Coaching/Delegation
- Developing an effective leadership style to suit your team members
Coaching and Motivation Skills – Improving Performance and Engagement
- The essence of Coaching
- Coaching individuals to reach their peak performance
- Practice your Coaching skills
- How to motivate individuals at work
- Practicing a motivational conversation technique
Performance Management – Running Effective Appraisals and Reviews
- What is Performance Management?
- Clarifying Performance Expectations
- Setting effective
Objectives – SMART and Measuring results
- Performance Review
- Developing skills required for a quality review
- Dealing with difficult behaviour and conflict
- Constructive performance conversations
- Commit to actions for the future
- Start now
Summary and Close
Course fees are £325 + VAT per delegate. Please us the information request form to contact the course provider about locations and dates.
GBC offers a 'buy one, get one half price' offer on all courses. Please enquire for more details
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
Provider: GBC Learning & Development
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...