By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the dynamics and process of negotiations in business relationships and transactions
- Practise the techniques used by seasoned negotiators
- Define and manage different stages of each negotiation sequence
- Understand the terminology of price, cost and perceived value and use each in the right context
- Confidently strike the best possible deal, ideally resulting in a win-win scenario
Suitability - Who should attend?
Individuals starting out or who need a refresher in negotiating on behalf of their organisation in relation to sales, contracts and terms. This workshop builds an understanding of the skills and techniques available to reach any type of critical agreement with external or internal contacts.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD Certified 6 Learning Hours, 6 Points
Training Course Content
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
- What will we cover today?
- What are your priorities and types of situations and challenges you face
Vital Preparation Needed for a Successful Outcome
- What is a negotiation and what isn’t
- Win – Win
- Negotiation quiz
The Key Tactics of Successful Negotiators
- The principles of negotiation
- Preparing properly – what must I do?
- The difference between cost and value
- Initial stance and fall-back position
How to Keep Control Under Pressure
- Defining and keeping the structure of the negotiation
- Keeping the negotiation in sensible chunks
- Agree a bit at a time
The Secrets of Variables
- How to respond effectively to others’ tactics, objections and conditions
Effective Communication Techniques During the Negotiation Process
- Rapport: how to get it and keep it even under pressure
- Focus on what can be done not what can’t
The way forward
- Taking ideas back to the workplace and putting them into action
Why choose GBC Learning & Development
Providing great training solutions since 1994
Working with over 400 organisations annually in the UK and Europe
Course fees are £425+ VAT per delegate.
GBC offers a 'buy one, get one half price' offer on all courses. Please send us an enquiry for more information.
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...
Find out more about this Negotiation Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!