Report WritingGBC Learning & Development
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Be confident in your use of English grammar and punctuation
- Know about style, tone and the appropriate vocabulary to use
- Use plain English with confidence
- Be clear on report formats and which to use
- Understand how to clarify the purpose of the report and determine the message to be conveyed
- Speed up the process of developing an outline and producing a first draft
- Be confident with the quality of your written reports
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for staff at all levels in an organisation, who want to produce professional reports that convey what is intended. It is particularly helpful to those who want to know about good report structure as well as the use of correct and effective English.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
CPD Certified 6 Learning Hours, 6 Points , GBC Learning course attended certificate
Training Course Content
Introduction & Workshop Objectives
Prioritising the course objectives
- What we are going to cover today
- What writing are you doing now?
The basics of grammar for business
- What would you like to achieve today?
- Reviewing the principles
- Understanding the ‘building blocks’ of language
- Tips for better spelling
Using plain English
- Punctuation and how to use it properly, including the apostrophe
- Using plain English to acquire a more direct writing style
- The techniques to make a document more ‘readable’
- Active vs passive – when to use which one and why
- Who are they
- What do they want to know
Getting the ‘tone’ right
- What do they already know
- Keeping it direct but avoiding becoming too abrupt
How to plan the report
- Using language that is appropriate to the audience
- What is the purpose of the report?
- What message do I wish to convey?
- What structure should I use?
Producing the first draft ... FAST
- What headings should I include?
- Making sure the report says what you mean it to say
- How to revise and produce a final draft
Conclusion, recap and action plan
- Final check – making sure the report is right in every sense
Course fees are £375 + VAT per delegate.
GBC offers a 'buy one, get one half price' offer on all courses. Please send us an enquiry for more information.
GBC can develop customised solutions or deliver off-the-shelf courses in-house for your staff. This approach makes perfect sense for groups of 4+ delegates, enhancing cost effectiveness as well as team bonding.
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Report Writing course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!