Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Talk Like TEDGBC Learning & Development
Talk like TED - 1 day Workshop
This course from GBC is designed for those wanting to reach a new level with their presentations and speeches, based on the iconic TED speakers. This course will analyse how TED speakers can inspire their audience to inspire change and achieve their goals. Participants will learn the techniques that can positively impact on the speeches, presentations or pitches that you deliver in your working and personal life.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Deliver a persuasive and memorable TED style presentation from a clear nine step method
- Use a strategic methodology to master the art of storytelling
- Get your audience behind your ideas, no matter how audacious or challenging they seem
- Work out how to appropriately shock and amuse, regardless of how dry or complex your content
- Evaluate areas for personal development in your delivery style
- Develop the art of Influencing and persuading in a dynamic and convincing style
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is designed for those looking to reach the gold standard for their presentations and speeches, structured around the iconic TED speakers.
Training Course Content
Introduction and prioritisation
- What we are going to cover today
- What would you like to achieve today?
The Perception Gap
- Evaluate your personal style of delivery
- Deconstruct specific areas for development
- Vocal assessment
- Physical assessment
- Finding the unexpected in the ordinary
- Develop a structure to create a story
- Inject stats and facts to show credibility
- What they are
- Using them to evoke empathy
- Mastering appropriate uses of humour
- Achieving an emotional response from your audience
Merhabian Circles of Impact
- What they are
- How we can use them to communicate in a way that is memorable
- Understand how a listener engages with content
- Build rapport with your audience
Body Language and Vocal Power
- Actions that command authority
- Strengthen your non verbal impact
- Transfer anxieties to performance energy
Conclusion and recap
- My plan for change
Contact the provider for more information and pricing details.
Provider: GBC Learning & Development
GBC Learning & Development - Business training at its best
The trainers at GBC Learning & Development have practical backgrounds and a wealth of experience, in both the business and public sectors. This means they can adapt their training courses to the specific needs of each group, encouraging full participation. GBC...