Certificate in Counselling Essentials
There are many reasons why someone might seek counselling, whether it’s for the purpose of rehabilitation, to cope with the loss of a loved one, or to help with a difficult time at school. If you want to help people then becoming a counsellor could be a great option, and this course covers all the essentials. Learners will gain a broad understanding of the history of counselling and psychotherapy, the role of a counsellor, as well as various approaches to counselling. Gain an insight into how to deal with any situation that someone is in, and how to go about counselling them in the best way possible. Our aim is to provide you with practical skills and knowledge that you can transfer into the work place, see what you can achieve today.
Who is it for?
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work as a Counsellor.
- This course would also be helpful to those already working in this area who need to refresh their skills.
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded the Certificate in Counselling Essentials.
1. A brief history of practices, counselling, and therapy
2. The process and professional practices of counselling
3. Theories and models of counselling
4. Ethical and legal issues in professional, spiritual and religious counselling
5. Counselling in schools and mental health
6. Social and cultural elements of counselling
7. An overview of family and career counselling
8. Group counselling: concept & techniques
This certificate will lay the foundation for you to work for a number of job roles in the counselling industry. This certificate can also be used to study further in the subject to build on your knowledge and to progress gradually within the industry. Mentioned below are some of the job roles this course will help you in, along with the average UK salary per annum according to
- Substance Abuse Counselor – £23,650 per annum
- School Counsellor – £20,934 per annum
- Mental Health Counselor – £24,270 per annum
- Psychotherapist – £33,469 per annum
- Career and Employment Counselor – £24,246 per annum
- Travel Counselor – £26,000 per annum
- Social Worker – £28,148 per annum
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Certificate in Counselling Essentials course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!