There are many reasons why someone might seek counselling, whether it’s for the purpose of rehabilitation, to cope with the loss of a loved one, or to help with a difficult time at school. If you want to help people then becoming a counsellor could be a great option, and this course covers all the essentials. Learners will gain a broad understanding of the history of counselling and psychotherapy, the role of a counsellor, as well as various approaches to counselling. Gain an insight into how to deal with any situation that someone is in, and how to go about counselling them in the best way possible. Our aim is to provide you with practical skills and knowledge that you can transfer into the work place, see what you can achieve today.
Who is it for?
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work as a Counsellor.
- This course would also be helpful to those already working in this area who need to refresh their skills.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
01. A Brief History of Practices, Counselling, And Therapy
02. The Process and Professional Practices of Counselling
03. Theories and Models of Counselling
04. Ethical and Legal Issues In Professional, Spiritual and Religious Counselling
05. Counselling In Schools and Mental Health
06. Social and Cultural Elements of Counselling
07. An Overview of Family and Career Counselling
08. Group Counselling: Concept & Techniques
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in Counselling Essentials.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Freelance Counsellor
- School Counsellor
- Rehabilitation Counsellor
- Marriage Counsellor
- Mental Health Care Worker
- Social Worker
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Counselling Essentials course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!