Diploma in Animal Care Career
Animal care has become a huge industry over the last few years, so it’s no surprise that there are 20,000 animal care businesses in the UK. The animal care sector employs over 200,000 people in the UK, so the industry is always seeking qualified professionals. It has never been a better time to gain an animal care qualification, and once your qualified you can work in all kinds of establishments, zoos, kennels, catteries, or you could even begin your own animal care business. As you can see, with an animal care qualification you’ll have loads of options!
This Diploma in Animal Care has been created by experts within the animal care industry, who will take you through comprehensive training, covering fundamental topics such as: how to create a portfolio, and how to apply for veterinary college. During this course you will be given extremely helpful tips and knowledge regarding how to begin a successful animal care career.
- Understand how to gain work experience
- Learn how to use social media and network
- Understand how to create a portfolio and CV
- Understand how to apply for veterinary college
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is ideal for anyone hoping to attend veterinary college, or for those who would like to begin an animal care career. The course will be your own careers advisor, helping you to gain work experience, craft the perfect CV, and market yourself to potential employers within the animal care sector.
- Module 01: Brainstorming and Research
- Module 02: Gaining Professional Experience
- Module 03: Volunteering and Internships
- Module 04: Portfolios, CV, and Application
- Module 05: Social Media and Networking
- Module 06: Applying for the Vet School
- Module 07: Health related Careers I
- Module 08: Health related Careers II
- Module 09: Pet related Careers
- Module 10: Animal related Careers
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Animal Care Career Training
Progression and Career Path:
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Veterinary Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
Typical duties include:
- Cleaning out and changing bedding
- Ensuring that animal enclosures are maintained
- Grooming and socialising animals
- Preparing food and feeding animals
- Assisting with moving animals
- Dog walking
- Checking for signs of illness
- Keeping relevant records
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Dog Groomer (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Zoo Keeper (average UK yearly salary: £13,000)
- Dog Walker (average UK yearly salary: £11,120)
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Diploma in Animal Care Career course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!