Diploma in Animal Physical Therapy - Level 3Global Edulink
Diploma in Animal Physical Therapy - Level 3
An Animal Physical Therapist is someone who provides rehabilitative care for animals who have gone through surgery, sustained an injury, or who suffer from chronic pain. Physical therapy can help to speed up an animal’s recovery and improve its quality of life. There is a huge industry for pet an animal care across the world, and in the UK alone there are 20,000 animal care businesses, employing 200,000 people, so it’s a good time to gain an animal care qualification.
This Diploma in Animal Care has been created by experts within the animal care industry, who will take you through comprehensive training, covering fundamental topics such as: the anatomy. Pet assessment, therapeutic exercises, and how to work with veterinary professionals. During this course you will be given extremely helpful tips and knowledge regarding how to begin a successful Animal Physical Therapist career.
Suitability - Who should attend?
- Kennel Assistant
- Animal Care
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Animal Physical Therapy – Level 3.
Training Course Content
- Understand various therapeutic exercises for animals
- Understand how to assess a pet and recommend action
- Understand how to work with veterinary professionals
- Understand how to carry out physical therapy for pets
Who is this course aimed at?
This course is ideally suited to those who wish to become an Animal Physical therapist.
- Free examination and e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- Excellent tutor support Monday-Friday
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 1: Introduction
- Module 2: When Physio Isn’t Safe
- Module 3: Physiotherapy
- Module 4: Anatomy for Physiotherapy
- Module 5: Physio and Your Pet Assessment
- Module 6: Physio and Your Pet Action
- Module 7: Therapeutic Exercises
- Module 8: The Bigger Picture
- Module 9: Partnerships with Veterinary Professionals
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Animal Physical Therapist (average UK yearly salary: £18,500)
Typical duties include:
- Observe animals and perform examinations
- Create a treatment plan
- Communicate with clients and veterinarians
- Use laser therapy, ultrasound, shockwave and radiography equipment
- Perform stretches and massages on animal patients
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Animal Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Zoo Keeper (average UK yearly salary: £13,000)
- Dog Walker (average UK yearly salary: £11,120)
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global EduLink, located at the heart of London, is a pioneer in online education for UK learners and other learners across the globe. With over 224,000 happy learners, Global EduLink makes sure that your requirements are met by proving you...
Find out more about this Diploma in Animal Physical Therapy - Level 3 course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!