Diploma in Veterinary Support Assistant TrainingGlobal Edulink
Diploma in Veterinary Support Assistant Training
Animal care has become a huge industry over the last few years, so it’s no surprise that there are 20,000 animal care businesses in the UK. The animal care sector employs over 200,000 people in the UK, so the industry is always seeking qualified professionals. It has never been a better time to gain a Veterinary Support Assistant qualification, and once your qualified you can work in all kinds of establishments, zoos, kennels, or catteries. As you can see, with a Veterinary Support Assistant qualification you’ll have loads of options!
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is ideally suited to anyone who hopes to become a Veterinary Assistant. In addition, this course would also benefit anyone who hopes to work in a kennel or cattery.
Learners should be age 16 or over, and must have a basic understanding of Maths, English, and ICT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful learners will be awarded a Diploma in Veterinary Support Assistant Training.
Training Course Content
- Understand how to handle animals
- Learn the basic anatomy of animals
- Learn to deal with anxiety in animals
- Understand the equipment used in veterinary practice
- Free examination and official e-certificate
- Gain an accredited UK qualification
- Access to excellent quality video tutorials
- Learners will be eligible for an NUS Discount Card
- One year’s access to the course
- Support by phone, live chat, and email
- Join a friendly online learning platform
- Module 01: Introduction to Veterinary Practice
- Module 02: Developing the Skill Set Required
- Module 03: Your Presentation and Personal appearance
- Module 04: Terms and Abbreviation used in Veterinary
- Module 05: Equipment used in the practice
- Module 06: Basic Handling of Animals
- Module 07: Animal Psychology
- Module 08: Dealing with Stress and Pain in animals
- Module 09: Advanced Animal Handling
- Module 10: Holding Animals for Medical Examination, Procedure and for Blood draw
- Module 11: The Veterinary Practices
- Module 12: Sterilizing, Disinfection and Disease Control
- Module 13: Care of InPatients
- Module 14: Feeding the Animals
- Module 15: Basic Anatomy of Animals
- Module 16: Basic Animal Physiology
- Module 17: Normal Reference Ranges
- Module 18: Euthanasia
- Module 19: Emergency Situations
- Module 20: First Aid
- Module 21: Health, Safety, and Regulations
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
Course Access Duration:
This course is delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). As this is an online course, you have no set timetable and can study at your own pace. Move through the modules as fast or slow as you wish, and return to previous sections at any point.
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
What job can I get with this diploma?
- Veterinary Care Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
Typical duties include:
- Cleaning out and changing bedding
- Ensuring that animal enclosures are maintained
- Grooming and socialising animals
- Preparing food and feeding animals
- Assisting with moving animals
- Dog walking
- Checking for signs of illness
- Keeping relevant records
What other jobs can I get with this diploma?
- Kennel Assistant (average UK yearly salary: £15,600)
- Dog Groomer (average UK yearly salary: £17,798)
- Laboratory Animal Caretaker (average UK yearly salary: £15,482)
- Zoo Keeper (average UK yearly salary: £13,000)
- Dog Walker (average UK yearly salary: £11,120)
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global EduLink, located at the heart of London, is a pioneer in online education for UK learners and other learners across the globe. With over 224,000 happy learners, Global EduLink makes sure that your requirements are met by proving you...
Find out more about this Diploma in Veterinary Support Assistant Training course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!