Studying Chemistry can open a lot of doors as it shows intelligence, mathematic ability, being able to record and collect information and analytical skills. Whether you’re interested in work as a scientist, hope to go on to further study, or simply want to broaden your awareness, this course is the perfect start and would be very useful for students who need support during A-Level study of the subject. The course covers 14 modules, and will teach you all the fundamentals of chemistry, so you can understand atoms, gases, kinetics and much more!
Who is it for?
- This course would be very suitable for anyone hoping to go on to higher study, or those hoping to work in the field of science, business, or in a laboratory.
- This course would also be helpful to those studying chemistry who need extra tuition.
This online training course is comprehensive and designed to cover the topics listed under the curriculum.
1. The Metric System, Scientific Notation and the Properties of Matter and Atoms
- Metric System, Scientific Notation and Properties of Matter
- The Characteristics of an Atom
2. Periodic Properties of the Elements and Nuclear Chemistry
- Periodic Properties of the Elements
- Basic Concepts of Nuclear Chemistry
3. The Octet Rule and Lewis Structures of Atoms
- The Octet Rule and Lewis Structures of Atoms
- Types of Chemical Bonds
4. The Kinetic Molecular Description of Liquids and Solids
- The Kinetic Molecular Description of Liquids and Solids
5. Gases and Kinetic Molecular Theory
- Gases and Kinetic Molecular Theory
- Gas Laws and Chemical Formulas for Gases
6. Chemistry of Solutions and Equations
- Chemistry of Solutions
- Chemical Equations and Calculations
7. Types of Chemical Reactions
- Types of Chemical Reactions – Part 1 & 2
8. Basic Concepts in Equilibrium, Kinetics and Thermodynamics
- Equilibrium in Chemical Processes
- Rates and Mechanisms of Chemical Reactions
- Basic Concepts in Thermochemistry
Method of Assessment
At the end of the course learners will also take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be awarded a certificate in General Chemistry.
This course could help you become any of the following:
- Research analyst
- Project Manager
- Lab Technician
- Lab Assistant
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global EduLink, located at the heart of London, is a pioneer in online education for UK learners and other learners across the globe. With over 224,000 happy learners, Global EduLink makes sure that your requirements are met by proving you...
Find out more about this General Chemistry course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,200 GBP-4,435 GBP