Healthy Cooking with Vegetables
Become a skilled vegetable gourmet chef
By gaining a recognised qualification through a leading UK training provider such as Global Edulink, you can learn valuable nutritional principles and make your CV stand out from the crowd.
There’s no need to make vegetables an afterthought when cooking any longer. With the widespread appeal of farm-to-table produce and renowned chefs using seasonal produce and creative cooking techniques to set their menus apart, vegetables have officially become food we want to eat more of.
With this course, you’ll gain expert insight and learn techniques of how to expertly cook complex and versatile vegetables such as squash, cauliflower, root vegetables, potatoes and other tubers, in ways that enhance their flavours whilst maintaining their high nutritional values. There are more than 20 vegetable cooking recipes containing step-by-step demonstrations of delicious main dishes, sides, soups, stews, and even desserts and cocktails.
You’ll also learn how to:
- Choose vegetables in the store or farmer’s market
- Correctly store the produce
- Cook them effectively at home or in the catering kitchen
Understanding how to expertly cook a wide range of interesting and appealing vegetables can be confusing or daunting but our course provides you with all the information you require to become a vegetable gourmet chef.
1. IDENTIFY COLORFUL CARROTS
2. GUIDE TO SUMMER AND WINTER SQUASHES
3. ARTICHOKES AND INFLORESCENTS CAULIFLOWER
4. COOCKING MARVELOUS MUSHROOMS AND SALAD
5. LEARN ABOUT FIELD AND COOKING GREENS
6. CELERY ROOT AND PARSNIPS ROOT VEGETABLES
7. ALL ABOUT ALLIUMS ONIONS AND GARLIC
8. WHY FRUITS MASQUERADING AS VEGETABLES?
9. WHAT ARE BULB VEGETABLES FENNEL AND CELERY?
10. TURNIPS AND BRASSICAS BRUSSELS SPROUTS
11. IDENTIFY POTATOES AND OTHER TUBERS
12. STEMS AND STALKS/ ASPARAGUS AND RHUBARB
13. KNOW YOUR CABBAGES! RED, GREEN AND SAVOY
14. WHAT ARE BEETS AND BEET GREENS?
15. IDENTIFYING ITALIAN, CHINESE AND JAPANESE EGGPLANT
16. LEARN ABOUT AMAZING AVOCADO
17. ABOUT CHILI PEPPERS AND PEAS
18. PLANNED-OVERS OR LEFTOVERS
19. IDENTIFYING EXOTIC VEGETABLES
20. LEARN HERBS AND BLOSSOMS FOR AN ELEGANT DINNER
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Successful candidates will be awarded a certificate in Healthy Cooking: Cooking with Vegetables.
Who is this course for?
- Those looking to improve their knowledge of cooking with vegetables
- Professionals within the catering industry
- Vegetarian Chef or Caterer
- Weight Management Practitioner
Do you have questions about COVID-19 in relation to this course?
At findcourses.co.uk we are committed to helping everyone who wants to learn, to learn. So are our trusted partner providers.
Get in touch on this page to find out whether there are any changes to this course in light of COVID-19.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Find out more about this Healthy Cooking with Vegetables course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Leisure / Fun Classes
Leisure / Fun Classes