Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
This qualification has three pathways which can be selected as per your career plan:
• Generic Health and Social Care
• Learning Disability
This course has 9 mandatory units which are relevant to all of the above pathways. As well as the mandatory units, learners will choose optional modules depending on which area they wish to study.
By doing a course online, you can save your time and study at your convenience. Throughout this course, you will be provided with mentor support from our experienced team of tutors/assessors. Also, you will have access to an online study platform, reading and study materials including recommended books, and tutorial videos. In addition, you will have special online forum for communication with your mentor and other learners who are doing same course.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is it for?
This qualification is designed to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to the health and social care workforce, and can be used to confirm competence in these areas in a wide range of job roles.
- There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
- Learners might find it useful if they have already completed qualifications in a relevant area at level 1.
- Learners should be aged at least 16 or over to undertake the qualification.
- Basic understanding of English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT are required to attend this course.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful candidates will receive a Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (501/2318/X) from NCFE, an awarding body within England and Wales who are currently recognised by Ofqual and the Department for Education and Skills.
Training Course Content
Each unit within the Diploma has a credit rating. Learners must achieve a minimum of 46 credits to gain the Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England. 28 credits must be achieved from all nine mandatory units.
Method of Assessment:
- The qualification is competency based so there is requirement for assessment in a real work environment
- Learners need to complete sufficient hours to enable them to develop and evidence their skills
- Assessment should follow the Skills for Care and Development QCF Assessment Principles
- A portfolio will be presented for assessment.
- Introduction to Communication in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Personal Development in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Introduction to Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children’s and Young People’s Settings
- Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- The Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
- Implement Person Centred Approaches in Health and Social Care
- Contribute to Health and Safety in Health and Social Care
- Handle Information in Health and Social Care Settings
Benefits you will gain:
- High quality e-learning study materials and mock exams.
- Tutorials/materials from the industry leading experts.
- 24/7 Access to the Learning Portal.
- Benefit of applying NUS extra Discount Card.
- Recognised Accredited Qualification.
- Excellent customer service and administrative support.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global Edulink is an established provider for professional skills training in the United Kingdom. Courses are designed for a wide audience of professionals seeking A-Level training in education, IT, security, English language and office administration. Global Edulink training courses focus on...
Find out more about this Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care (Adults) - Accredited by CPD course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.