Mastering Childcare with NutritionGlobal Edulink
Mastering Childcare with Nutrition
Whether you are just beginning your career as a nanny, or have some experience, a formal qualification and excellent training will let employers know that you are a professional and knowledgeable caregiver. The information included in this Mastering Childcare with Nutrition course is all up-to-date and accurate, coming from our expert teachers. Our aim, quite simply, is to enable those working with young children to be equipped with the knowledge and skills to foster the child’s development and growth in the most inspiring, sensitive and balanced way possible.
As well as this, the course includes a section dedicated to nutrition. Diet is vital to behaviour and development and it is becoming increasingly common for people to require assistance in making the right choices. If you begin eating healthily early on in life you’re much more likely to continue this and will be less likely to develop health problems.
Learning with Global Edulink has many advantages. The course material is delivered straight to you, and can be adapted to fit in with your lifestyle. It is created by experts within the industry, meaning you are receiving accurate information, which is up-to-date and easy to understand.
This course is comprised of professionally narrated e-Learning modules, interactive quizzes, tests and exams. All delivered through a system that you will have access to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for 365 days (12 months). An effective support service and study materials will build your confidence to secure your qualification.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Who is this course for?
- This course is perfect for anyone who is hoping to become a nanny, child-minder or nursery nurse
- This course would also be helpful for those with some experience who hope to learn more and get qualified
Learners must be age 16 or over and should have a good grasp of the English language, literacy, numeracy and ICT.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Successful candidates will be awarded a Mastering Childcare with Nutrition certificate.
Training Course Content
- Introduction to Nanny Training
- Overview – Video
2. ESTABLISHING ROUTINES
- Care Routines
- Establishing Routines- Video
- Reading Materials- Establishing Routines
- Example 01
- Example 02
- Example 03
- Example 04
- Activity 02
3. THE EMPLOYER (PARENTS)
- Working in Partnership with Parents
- The Employer (Parents)- Video
- Reading Materials- The Employer
- Examples 5
- Activity 03
4. ESSENTIALS FOR NANNIES
- The Professional Nanny
- Essentials for Nannies- Video
- Reading Materials- Essentials for Nannies
- Nannies on Call Tips- Nanny Interview
- Activity 04
5. HEALTH AND SAFETY
- How to establish a healthy & safe home based environment
- Health and Safety- Video
- Reading Materials- Health & Safety
- Example- Health & Safety
- Activity 05
6. INTRODUCTION TO NUTRITION
7. HEALTHY DIET PLANNING TIPS
- Healthy Diet Planning Tips – Part One
- Healthy Diet Planning Tips – Part Two
8. IDENTIFYING ROLE OF CARBOHYDRATES AND IN NUTRITION
- Identifying Role of Carbohydrates in Nutrition
- Understanding Role of Lipids in Nutrition
9. IDENTIFYING PROTEIN’S AND WATER ROLE IN NUTRITION
- Identifying Protein’s Role in Nutrition
- An Important Role of Water in Nutrition
10. MINERALS IN HUMAN NUTRITION
11. EXPLAINING SYMPTOMS OF MINERAL DEFICIENCY & TOXICITY
- Explaining Symptoms of Mineral Deficiency & Toxicity – Part 1
- Explaining Symptoms of Mineral Deficiency & Toxicity – Part 2
12. HOW VITAMINS SUPPORT NUTRITION?
- How Vitamins Support Nutrition? Part 1
- How Vitamins Support Nutrition? Part 2
Method of Assessment:
At the end of the course learners will take an online multiple choice questions assessment test. This online multiple choice questions test is marked automatically so you will receive an instant grade and know whether you have passed the course.
This course would benefit the following:
- Child Minder
- Nursery Nurse
Customer Outreach Award 2019
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Global Edulink - together, shaping your future
Global EduLink, located at the heart of London, is a pioneer in online education for UK learners and other learners across the globe. With over 224,000 happy learners, Global EduLink makes sure that your requirements are met by proving you...
Find out more about this Mastering Childcare with Nutrition course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses