Plastering 10 Day CourseGoldtrowel Plastering and Venetian Marble Plastering Courses
Plastering - Intermediate 10 Day Course - a 2-week training course in Essex
Goldtrowel's Intermediate 10 Day Plastering course is an intensive training programme designed to bring even complete beginners to an advanced level of knowledge and skill in plastering.
A unique beginner-to-advanced course, it combines high quality teaching with advanced training facilities to equip students with hands-on, professional level skills in:
- Plastering ceilings and walls
- Overboarding ceilings
- Plastering over Artex
- Coving and Floor Screeding
Students will leave the course competent and confident to apply the techniques covered in real life environments and/or to work towards a comprehensive City & Guilds Plastering Qualification.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successfully completing the course, students will be awarded a Certificate with the relevant units achieved.
Training Course Content
This course same topics as the 5-day course during the first week. The second week is then structured as follows:
- Plasterboard the ceiling in your allocated room, learn how to cut and fix boards correctly, plasterboard the walls using the direct bond method (dot and dab) with adhesive, construct an arch to a specified shape and size. Cutting correctly thin coat beads to all external angles, scrim taping all joins in plasterboards to ceiling walls and internal ceiling and wall joins and wall to wall joins. 2 coat skim (Plaster) the ceiling over plasterboard. Option - May Overboard Ceiling.
- Float all the walls as a backing coat, the use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule, flat render. You will learn how to free hand all external angles, bullnose corners etc.. Finish off with Devil Flaoting prior to applying 2 coats of finish plaster.
- Move into your second room and seal all plaster using pva sealer, re-cut thin coat beads and fix to external angles, glue and 2 coat skim ceiling finishing to a barrel. glue and 2 coat skim walls using internal corner trowels as required.
- Move into your third room seal glue and 3 coat skim ceiling to a curve if required, you will be using the trowel float trowel method of 3 coating a Ceiling, you will be shown how to straighten the ceiling lines with the use of a featheredge, you will 2 coat skim (Plaster) the walls and these will be expected to be perfect.
- Complete floor screed using inverted manholes and drain pipes, up to date specifications using cellutex insulation.
Why choose Goldtrowel Plastering and Venetian Marble Plastering Courses
Training and support available 7 days a week
Pay as you train options
Over 500 positive testimonials
The cost of this course is £790 incl. VAT and the following:
- Prior to the Practical Plastering Course you receive, upon deposit, the following training material.
- Part 1 DVD training film on solid plastering
- Part 2 DVD training film on solid plastering
- Part 1 DVD Perfect skimming techniques
- Plasterers Training Manual (code to download for free)
- Examination papers
Previous customers can have the cost of the videos deducted from the price of the course.
Students can further their training with longer courses, including Goldtrowel's City and Guilds Plastering Qualification or NVQ course.
Goldtrowel Construction Training Centre provides training for all the trowel trades. Goldtrowel is a City and Guilds and NVQ Level 2 accredited training centre and also delivers EWPA's in plastering,tiling and bricklaying for experienced workers wanting to obtain their NVQ. Goldtrowel's flexible hands on training gets candidates qualified, confident...
Goldtrowel Plastering and Venetian Marble Plastering Courses
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Plastering 10 Day Course course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Get hands-on training assistance and City & Guilds accredited diplomas from Goldtrowel, UK’s leading provider of Plastering Courses!