Plastering 5 Day CourseGoldtrowel Plastering and Venetian Marble Plastering Courses
Plastering - Intensive 5 Day Training Course in Essex by Goldtrowel
This Intensive 5 Day Plastering course delivers an unparalleled level of beginner-to-advanced plastering training, equipping students with the hands-on skills to:
- float out
Participants will achieve professional standards in everything that they are taught whilst on the course, acquiring both the competence and confidence to carry out plastering activities in real world scenarios. In fact, the Goldtrowel Training Centre has been designed specifically to be asymmetrical, giving course participants an immediate taste of what plastering entails in the real world so that they leave the training better equipped to face these challenges in their careers.
Students will also receive pre-course study materials and post-course support in the form of a free helpline and plasterers' forum.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successfully completing this course students will be awarded a Certificate with the relevant units achieved.
Training Course Content
The 5-day course is typically structured as follows:
- Health & Safety Induction
- In depth discussion and demonstration of plasterboarding ceilings and overboarding existing ceilings including plasterboarding round RSJs
- Plasterboard the ceiling in an allocated room
- Cut and fix Plasterboards correctly, then scrim tape the joins
- Cut and fix angle beads to windows and returns
- Demonstration & application of 2 coat skim finish (Plaster) to the ceiling using the correct method and following the procedure for cutting back etc.
- In depth discussions, demonstrations using the correct mixes over all substrates and applying render scratch coats to walled areas
- Float all the walls as a backing coat
- The use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule
- Demonstration of Render top coats
- Apply all Top coat backing coats to standard
- All Floated out walls will be rubbed up smooth, then on completion devil floated ready for plastering the following day
- Demonstration of Scrapeback and cut back prior to skimming (applying finish plaster)
- Demonstrations of skimming window walls, reveals, piers, columns, flat walls
- Apply 2 coat finish plaster (skim) to all walls flat and smooth using the correct procedure from your starting point
- Carry out repairs to ceilings and walls
- Learn how to apply Direct Bond (dot and dab) correctly using gypsum guidelines
- Pricing work, types of plasters, different backgrounds etc
- Written quotation test so that a good understanding on pricing is calculated
- Prepare ceilings using Artex patterns prior to the following day. (optional)
- This is your new room that you will have to complete in one day
- You will carry out a glue float and set using bonding
- Re bead the windows and external corners
- Re-skim (Plaster) the ceilings and walls to a high standard and finish externals with and without beads
- In depth class discussion of completed day
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to Cove out areas using 4" & 5 "coving
- Coving out the rooms using various tools for internal, external and offset angles.
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to complete your own floor screed correctly
- Finishing the rooms off completely with floor screeding to the set FFL.
- Screeding using various types of insulation such as cellotex, from conservatories to New Builds, as well as nbonded and bonded floors knowing all regulations to the relevant substrates.
The cost of this course is £470 per participant, which includes VAT, and the following:
- Part 1 DVD training film on solid plastering
- Part 2 DVD training film on solid plastering
- Part 1 DVD Perfect skimming techniques
- Plasterers Training Manual (code to download for free)
- Examination papers
Students should download & study the training manual free from the Members' Login.
Students can further their training with longer courses, including Goldtrowel's 10 day plastering Course or their NVQ Plastering course.
Goldtrowel Construction Training Centre provides training for all the trowel trades. Goldtrowel is a City and Guilds and NVQ Level 2 accredited training centre and also delivers EWPA's in plastering,tiling and bricklaying for experienced workers wanting to obtain their NVQ. Goldtrowel's flexible hands on training gets candidates qualified, confident...
Goldtrowel Plastering and Venetian Marble Plastering Courses
Find out more about this Plastering 5 Day Course course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Get hands-on training assistance and City & Guilds accredited diplomas from Goldtrowel, UK’s leading provider of Plastering Courses!