Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Wall & Floor Tiling - 3 weeks training course in Essex
This training course covers all the techniques and skills required to do quality tiling and is taught at NVQ Level 2. The course is delivered over 3 weeks in Goldtrowel's training facilities and covers both wall and floor tiling techniques. participants will learn by doing as they practice and develop new skills on actual surfaces.
The course is designed to provide participants with a good understanding of all areas of tiling, whether they are beginners or experienced tile setters. As this course is an accredited NVQ Level 2 course, participants who complete the course will become fully trained in wall & floor tiling. Thanks to the intensive format of this course, after just 3 weeks participants will have the confidence and skill to take on their own tiling projects.
Background information to the Advanced Wall & Floor Tiling Training Course
This intensive wall and floor tiling course is entirely hands-on. Participants will have the chance to practice and develop tiling skills, gaining confidence along the way. Goldtrowel also offers full post-course support once training is over. Futher, class sizes remain small with a maximum of 8 persons at any time on any tiling course. Not only does each student get their own bay-room, but all tools and materials are provided for.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Tiling Walls & Floors is designed for individuals who would like an understanding of all areas of tiling. The course is equally suitable for beginners and individuals with previous experienced in construction and tiling.
This course will act as foundational knowledge towards achieving an NVQ Level 2 in Wall & Floor Tiling.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On successful completion of this NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Tiling Walls & Floors participants will be awarded a certificate, which correlates to the units completed.
The National Vocational Qualification - NVQ or QCF - training subjects focus on practical skills and knowledge. Developed and approved by people who work in the industry, they are a great opportunity to get into construction or provide a career boost by developing new work-based skills.
Training Course Content
This Tiling NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Tiling Walls & Floors is designed to cover the following areas:
5 day Wall and Floor Tiling training course, a introduction to tools, H&S, Adhesives, Trowels, Backgrounds, Tiles, Fixing techniques, Trim, Borders, Grouting, Setting out, mastics, you will be applying the above to walls and floors, plus explanations and demonstrations on Tanking systems and under floor heating.
- Preparation, types & characteristics of backgrounds / substrates
- Service conditions
Monday - Friday
- Learn Setting out your tiling work.
- Explaining all the different adhesives used for different surfaces.
- Demonstrating all the tools required.
- Cutting tiles using wet tile cutters, dry tile cutters, tile scribes, tile snips and tile saws. Explaining tiling involving Borders, Diamonds and Patterns.
- How to cut around windows and reveals.
- How to cope with tiling difficult areas such as uneven walls.
You will learn in depth all the uses of the following:
- Cutting tools
- Nippers / Scribers / Twin rail manual / Electric wet
- Adhesive types
- Dispersion / Cementitious / Mixing procedures
- Types / uses / applications / coverages / spreading
- Setting out
- Procedures / gauging lathes / Datums / Levels / batons.
- Tile trim
- Fixing / uses / alternatives
- Grout technology
- Mixing / Types / Uses / Application / Specialist grouts (Epoxy)
- Silicone Mastic
- Types / uses / application
- Floor levelling compounds explained
- Tanking (waterproofing) explained and demonstrated
- Underfloor heating explained
Monday - Friday
- Advanced training, building on our first week tackling bigger areas, and covering more in-depth and working area, incorporating complete bathroom and kitchen obstacles, covering extra skills such as complex patterns, Natural stones, Levelling compounds, pricing etc, and much more!!
QCF 641 Conform to General Workplace Safety
- Awareness of relevant current statutory requirements and official guidance.
- Personal responsibilties relating to workplace safety, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and compliance with warning/safety signs
- Personal behaviour in the workplace.
- Security in the workplace.
QCF 642 Conform to Efficient Work Practices
- This unit is about interpreting information; planning, organising and adopting safe and healthy working practices; planning and carrying out productive, efficient working practices; working with others or as an individual.
QCF 643 Move and Handle Resources
- This unit is about following instructions; adopting safe and healthy working practices; selecting materials, components and equipment; handling, moving and storage of materials and components by manual procedures and lifting.
QCF 141 Prepare Backgrounds for Tiling
- This unit is about: interpreting information , adopting safe and healthy working practices , selecting materials, components and equipment , preparing new and/or existing solid and manufactured board backgrounds to receive wall and/or floor tiling.
QCF 142 Tile Wall and Floor Surfaces
- This unit is about: interpreting information , adopting safe and healthy working practices , selecting materials, components and equipment , laying wall and floor tiles to vertical, horizontal and inclined surfaces
If you fit the following criteria you may be eligible funding (if available at time of booking) and will be registered for your NVQ :
- 19 years or older
- have lived in the UK for more than 3 years
- self-employed or employed
- do not hold any other NVQ's or 5 x GSE grades 1-3 or equivalent
For those who do not fulfill the above criteria, the full cost of this course is £1,100 incl. VAT per person. This fee includes a £400.00 deposit.
Goldtrowel Tiling Courses are available at Goldtrowel for people who wish to start a new tiling project, improve or gain new skills in Tiling and even a recognised NVQ qualification. Goldtrowel Tilining Courses offer 5-day, 10-day, 3-week NVQ and 4-week...
Find out more about this Tiling Wall and Floor - 3 Week Training Course for NVQ Level 2 Wall and Floor Tiling course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
Get hands-on training assistance and City & Guilds accredited diplomas from Goldtrowel, UK’s leading provider of Plastering Courses!