Helpdesk Customer Service Skills for Technical Staff: 1 Day
Do you sometimes struggle when dealing with non-technical people? Would you like to learn how to deliver customer service that gets results? Good helpdesk technical service goes beyond just specialist know-how – it’s about communicating effectively with customers and colleagues and organising your work so that you can solve problems in a fast and efficient manner.
Hamilton Mercer’s Helpdesk Customer Service Skills for Technical Staff course has been developed using real-life scenarios and industry best practices to give any technical helpdesk staff member the skills they need to close tickets on time and become a valuable team asset.
You’ll learn how to keep calm under pressure, communicate with non-technical people and deliver great service that builds a reputation of trust.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Hamilton Mercer’s Helpdesk Service Skills for Technical Staff Course is suitable for anyone working in a technical helpdesk looking to improve their personal or team’s helpdesk efficiency skills.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Helpdesk Customer Service Skills for Technical Staff Course objectives:
- Discover the principles of good service
- Learn how to respond effectively to challenging customer queries
- Learn how to organise and prioritise workloads
- Discover techniques for communicating with non-technical staff and customers
- Find out how to educate customers in a language they understand
- Deal effectively with challenging work situations and behaviour
Training Course Content
Hamilton Mercer’s Helpdesk Customer Service Skills for Technical Staff Course is structured as follows:
- Service Principles
- Defining Service Standards
- Managing Customer Expectations
- How to Say ‘No’ Proactively and Deliver Bad News
- Giving Diplomatic Feedback
- Prioritising Technical Tasks and Managing Easy Fixes
- Dealing with Constant Interruptions
- Speaking to Non-Technical People
- Keeping Users Informed and Educating Them Tactfully
- Dealing with Impatience (Customers’ and your Own)
The cost of this course is 345 GBP + VAT
Who Choose Hamilton Mercer?
Hamilton Mercer is a leading UK provider of customer service and personal development training. From training centres in London’s Covent Garden, Birmingham and Manchester, its team inspires excellence through learning and delivers measurable results. The Hamilton Mercer method works for...
Find out more about this Helpdesk Customer Service Skills for Technical Staff course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!