Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Diploma
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) has actually emerged as one of the most effective treatments for a vast array of psychological issues. By helping a client understand how their thoughts, feelings and behaviours engage to preserve defective patterns of thinking, CBT helps them in developing a more useful method to issue resolving and life in general.
This course provides a detailed overview of the theory underlying CBT, the counselling skills that underpin good restorative practice and how to carry out particular CBT strategies in the treatment of depression, anxiety and other common psychological health issues.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Benefits of the Course
- You will discover how CBT and psychotherapy in basic work to alleviate mental distress.
- You will acquire insight into a variety of typical psychological health conditions, which works for anybody working in, or wanting to operate in, a caring profession.
- You will discover how malfunctioning cognition and maladaptive behaviours preserve psychological distress, which will allow you to help yourself and others embrace more effective coping methods.
- Your understanding will give you the self-confidence to choose whether a career as a CBT therapist is ideal for you.
- Get an identified certification when completing the course, which will enhance your career prospects.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
- What is implied by the term “cognitive behavioural treatment” (CBT) and the underlying principles that direct CBT specialists?
- How counselling works to promote modification and the fundamental counselling abilities every therapist requires to develop.
- How to establish listening skills that promote client disclosure and how to communicate compassion.
- How to help clients determine their unreasonable beliefs and how the ABC design is used to guide CBT.
- How to develop a case and strategy CBT sessions.
- How to choose and implement CBT tools such as journaling, behavioural experiments and tough maladaptive ideas.
- How to utilise CBT methods to help someone gotten rid of anxiety and resume engagement with day-to-day life.
- How to use CBT methods to lower the effect of a customer’s anxiety, overcome panic attacks and conquer phobias.
- How thoughts, feelings and behaviours cause and maintain sleeping disorders, and how CBT can assist a client resume a regular sleeping pattern.
- An overview of 2 treatments based upon CBT – Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) and Solution-Focused Therapy (SFT) – and the customer populations more than likely to gain from them.
Course delivery details
- Location:Online course
- Course Access:12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!