CompTIA IT Fundamentals Course – Online
CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the only basic level exam in the CompTIA series and this course provides all the information you need to fully prepare for a first time exam pass. CompTIA IT Fundamentals is the ideal skills foundation for those considering a career in IT and related positions. It’s also the ideal starting point for individuals wishing to take further CompTIA courses and exams of a Professional, Master and Speciality level.
What Is CompTIA?
CompTIA stands for the Computing Technology Industry Association – a well respected trade association issuing professional certifications for the IT industry. It’s an IT qualification that’s well recognised by employers and will prove a valuable addition to any CV.
What Will I Learn?
This course covers a range of IT topics, from networking and cyber security essentials to hardware and software basics. Completion will lead to a solid understanding of the technology concepts and practices used by organisations, and the course is carefully mapped to the relevant CompTIA IT Fundamentals exam.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of this Course
- Begin your CompTIA accreditation journey.
- Gain IT skills and progress on to the higher level courses and exams if you wish.
- Prove your knowledge and gain an advantage when applying for entry level positions.
- Use your IT skills in a number of scenarios, both professionally and personally.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
Work through seven in-depth lessons to build a solid foundation of understanding in CompTIA.
- Learn to identify computer hardware including types of devices, internal components, connectors and peripheral devices.
- Learn to identify computer software and compare the functions and features of common operating systems.
- Get to grips with setting up a basic workstation.
- Look at configuring network access.
- Learn how to create, navigate and manage files – including how to compress and extract.
- Understand how to create screen captures.
- Study the configuration and use of wireless devices.
- Understand the security of computing devices including identifying threats, best practice and secure web browsing.
- Look at environmental and safety concepts surrounding computer use.
- Learn to back up and restore data, manage software and implement basic support measures.
Units of Study
- Introduction to course
- Identifying Computer Hardware
- Identifying Computer Software
- Setting Up a Basic Workstation
- Configuring Network Access
- Working with Files, Folders, and Applications
- Configuring and Using Wireless Devices
- Securing Computing Devices
- Supporting Computers and Users
- Mapping Course Content
- Lesson Labs and Solutions
- Glossary and Index
Course delivery details
- Location:Online course
- Course Access:12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!