Continuous Professional Development
Embrace change and appreciate the need for personal and professional development in the workplace. Regardless of your job role, on-the-job training should always be available to those who want it, particularly within the EYFS work environment, where continual professional development (CPD) is key to effective provision of its childcare service.
Gain Basic Knowledge of CPD
There’s always going to be room for professional improvement, whatever stage you are at in your career. Students can learn some of the fundamental aspects of continual professional development, and what can be done to ensure your practice is as effective as possible.
Self-Evaluation is Key
The ability to evaluate your own development, both personally and professionally, is an excellent skill to have. Knowing what you need to work on in order to better your practice can help you to consider what additional training you might benefit from. Whether this is free training or not will depend on what core aspects you need to address, but self-evaluation will always help you to reach your true potential, and is a major part of CPD.
Become a Better Practitioner
To be better at what you do, you will want to learn, improve and develop. By creating a CPD file and a Personal Development Plan, you will be able to benefit yourself, and your setting, colleagues and service users. So, what are you waiting for?
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
For full appreciation of this course, students should be working as a member of a childcare setting team. Working in a managerial or leadership role is not essential, but students in these roles may also benefit from studying this unit.
- Take a look at some of the preferred learning styles and learning opportunities, and understand how to plan and evaluate a learning programme.
- Learn how to set up a CPD file, and be able to help others setting up their own.
- Get to grips with some of the core skills required to lead others during their own professional development.
- Appreciate the need for continual improvement and development, in order for a practice to be most effective. Understand the need for training and skill development, and understand that practitioners who value personal development will have more opportunities to enhance their professional growth.
Course delivery details
- Location:Online course
- Course Access:12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!