Diploma in Higher Level Teaching Assistance
Take your teaching career to the next level…
If you are currently a Teaching Assistant and have a desire to progress within the field, then this course is the building block, which you need, to fulfil your dream. Enrol onto this course and not only expand your capabilities, but also validate your expertise by meeting the HLTA standards.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
This course will teach you everything you need to know to support pupils, teachers and school as a Higher Level Teaching assistant.
- Understand how to establish and maintain relationships with children and young people.
- Understand internal and external factors that affect the building of relationships.
- Understand the principles of communication and how to adapt.
- Understand the need for discipline in the classroom.
- Understand the effects SEN have on discipline and the importance of a consistent approach to discipline within an organisation.
- Understand how statutory and non-statutory frameworks for the school curriculum relate to the age and ability ranges of the learners they support.
- Understand how to support learners in accessing the curriculum in accordance with the Special Educational Needs (SEN) code of practice and disabilities legislation.
- Understand how to structure a lesson and create learning objectives.
- Understand the process of assessment and show awareness of a range of assessment techniques.
- Learn how to monitor learners’ progress in order to provide focused support and feedback.
- Learn to contribute to maintaining and analysing records of learners’ progress
- Discover how to use ICT skills to advance learning.
- Learn to organise and manage learning activities in ways, which keep learners safe.
- Recognise and respect the contribution that parents and carers can make to the development and well-being of children and young people.
- Understand the key factors that affect children and young people’s learning and progress.
- Understand motivation and the link to body language.
- Understand how to support and advance learning when working with small groups and whole classes without the presence of the assigned teacher.
- Understand, define and explain the difference between equality and diversity.
- Understand what is meant by the term ‘inclusion’.
- Understand teaching strategies and how to manage behaviour in the classroom and how to help learners fulfil their potential.
- Identify the conditions associated with the ‘SEN Code of Practice’.
- Understand the role of the SENCO and how to support learners in accessing the curriculum.
- Explore how to use effective strategies to promote positive behaviour.
- Recognise and respond appropriately to situations that challenge equality of opportunity.
- Understand the professional requirement of a HLTA.
- Identify and be able to explain the learning theories.
- Study how to use ICT to support professional activities in your own development and expertise.
- Understand the seven knowledge bases and how they link to the curriculum.
- Recognise the importance of peer observation in the learning environment.
- Identify areas for your own development.
Units of Study
- Communication and Positive Relationships
- Maintaining Communication with Children, Young People and Adults
- Curriculum, Planning and Assessment
- Assessment, Monitoring, Feedback and Recording
- Child Development
- Motivating Children and Young People
Course delivery details
- Location:Online course
- Course Access:12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!