Diploma in Transport Management
Transport sits at the heart of modern business and society. We all need to travel at some point in our lives, and the goods we buy are transported to retail outlets, or directly to our doors.
The part that transport plays in economic stability and social development cannot be understated. We take for granted our transport networks, the fact that deliveries will be made on time, our bus or train will arrive on time, the cost should never increase, and the driver of the vehicle should be polite and good humoured at all times.
The Role of a Transport Manager
As a transportation manager you will be confident and knowledgeable in a number of key areas, some of which are not uniquely related to transport. Key themes within the industry include:
- Network planning, scheduling and geographical knowledge.
- Operational knowledge, vehicle technologies and capabilities.
- Licensing and legal compliance.
- Commercial management (accounting and financial control).
- Staff employment, welfare, training and development.
- Health, safety and environmental management.
- Transport trends.
This course will teach you the skills required to help meet those expectations, overcome the challenges and manage a transport system successfully.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of this Course
- With the prominence of Internet shopping in modern retail, transport and logistics has never been more important.
- Become a part of a growing industry.
- There are various career development opportunities open to transport planners. You can choose to work across different planning projects as a consultant.
- This course will prepare you for management roles.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
- Appreciate the importance of a good transport system
- Understand the role and nature of demand for transport
- Identify the economic advantages of transport management
- Recognise the qualities needed for the efficient transport of goods
- Understand the classification of transport services
- Implement the efficient use of carrying capacity
- Examine the relevance of Road Traffic Control in today’s world
- Understand factors that Influence the operating speed of motor vehicles and trucks
- Discover the economics of road transport
- Realise the importance of rail transport
- Understand the structure of the railway
- Identify the three main classes of carrying vehicles
Units of Study
- Public Policy
- Qualities of efficient transport services
- Economics of road transport
- The railways
- Air transport
- Water Transport
- Acts and Regulations
- Carriers and non-carriers
- Cost of transport
- Differential pricing
- Principles of regulation
Course delivery details
- Location:Online course
- Course Access:12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
1,400 GBP-3,629 GBP
1,400 GBP-4,435 GBP