Make 3D Characters
3D games are a modern phenomenon. Who would have thought that when you were playing early games like Space Invaders and Super Mario that the handful of pixels on your screen would turn into realistic cities, tropical islands and zombie apocalypse-style dystopias?
Introduction to the Make 3D Characters
The first major 3D success was Battlezone, a tank game released in 1980 using vector graphics. Since then we have seen beautiful games with immersion appear en masse. Look no further than games with the current graphic levels of Grand Theft Auto 5, Battlefield 1 and The Witcher 3, which no doubt in the next 20 years we'll be calling retro when the next technological advancements appear.
What is MakeHuman?
MakeHuman is an open source 3D computer graphics software designed to help Developers and Designers create realistic characters. It's a free software and makes the design process fast and intuitive: combined with Blender 3D, you will be able to make art assets including characters using the powerful Blender cross-platform programme.
What will I learn?
The course will also teach you how you can integrate the art and characters you make in the popular Unity game development platform. Unity is used to build 2D and 3D games and due to its cross-platform format, it’s easy to use with other programs to help you build the perfect characters to fit into your gaming world.
Suitability - Who should attend?
The course is for anyone who wants to design more realistic characters, even complete beginners.
The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
- An overview of things you'll learn in MakeHuman
- Use MakeHuman to design and create characters
- An overview of the Blender programme
- How to import your model and fine tune it in Blender
- Importing your model into Unity and how to utilise the best of both platforms
Things We'll Learn in MakeHuman
- Using MakeHuman to Make Characters
- Overview of Blender
- Importing Model into Blender
- Fine Tuning the Model in Blender
- Importing Model into Unity
- MakeHuman into Unity
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!