Make Art by Coding - Web Animation
Learn to create shapes and graphics with this fantastic coding course! If your ambition is to work as a graphic designer, or web designer, this is the perfect course to bolster your portfolio of qualifications.
The type of image you will learn to design is called Scalable Vector Graphic (SVG), which differs from other image formats, in the sense that it is crafted by code and maths, which means it can be scaled up to any size needed.
Introduction to the Make Art by Coding – Web Animation
Scalable Vector Graphics
SVG is an XML-based vector image format which supports interactivity and animation. It is a popular file type because all major modern web browsers have SVG rendering support, while SVG images can also be edited with any text editor or drawing software.
Learn how to create images by coding instead of using a design with the help of this intuitive file type.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of this Course
- Gain real experience by working on actual projects
- Incorporate these skills and combine them with CSS to use images you create in web pages.
- Build images that can scale indefinitely
- Alter shapes for use on webpages
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
What you will learn in the Make Art by Coding – Web Animation
This is a course that will teach you to create images in the SVG format, using code rather than design software. This means you will be able to transfer this skill into a web or graphic design career.
- Create shapes and graphics that are scalable depending on the size you need
- Implement the Bezje curve which models smooth curves which can scale indefinitely
- Learn how to save your images in other formatsGet to grips with the View
- Box and its attributes to help you view and scale your creations
- Test functionality and cross browser compatibility
- Work with polygons and how to effectively add them to your animations
- Create and add trees and other objects to bring your animations to life
Units of Study
- Introduction Part 1
- Introduction Part 2
- Creating Rectangle and Circles
- Creating Lines
- SVG viewBox
- Polygon element Part 1
- Polygon element Part 2
- Polygon element Part 3
- Polygon element Part 4
- Box Attributes
- Box Attributes (Cont'd)
- Bezier Curves Part 1
- Bezier Curves Part 2
- Bezier Curves Part 3
- Bezier Curves Part 4
- Quadratic Bezier Curves
- Arcs (Cont'd)
- SVG-edit and Illustrator
- Styling Inline SVG.mov
- SVG in IMG tag
- SVG in Background IMG
- Modifying Inline SVG
- Adding Trees
- Creating Trees
- Creating Trees (contd)
- Remove Button.mov
- Adding Other Type of Trees
- Sorting Trees
- Sorting Trees (cont'd)
- Saving as SVG
- Saving as SVG (Cont'd)
- Save as PNG
- Downloading Images.mov
- Refactoring Part 1
- Refactoring Part 2
- Refactoring Part 3
- Main Functionality
- Main Functionality (Cont'd)
- Testing Cross Browser Compatibility
- Checking DOMcontentloaded
- Styling Part 1
- Styling Part 2
- Styling Part 3
- Modal for PNG Part 1
- Modal for PNG Part 2
- Modal for PNG Part 3
- Styling The Modal More
- Adding Size Reset Button Outro
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!