Broaden your horizons and expand your knowledge of mathematics – a subject that is a fundamental necessity for everyone, irrespective of what job role they are in. Even the simplest of mathematical functions can be a struggle if you don’t have basic knowledge of the topic, but it’s never too late to rekindle your interest! If, for whatever reason, you struggle with the subject, you can turn this around by signing up to this in-depth course today!
Introduction to the Maths
Cover a Range of Mathematical Subject Areas
Brush up on your maths skills, including the basics such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as well as slightly more advanced topics covering decimals, fractions and algebra, and you will gain confidence in all areas of maths that are needed daily. Whether it’s to improve your productivity at work, or because you wish to be able to apply these new-found skills in your personal life, this course can help you.
No More ‘I Don’t Knows’
There’s nothing worse than being asked a mathematical question and struggling to find the answer without resorting to a calculator or saying ‘I don’t know’. By signing up to this course, you won’t have to utter those three words again, and will be able to solve mathematical problems with ease – perfect if you deal with numbers in the workplace, at home or even when helping the kids with their homework.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
What you will learn in the Maths
Enrol on this course if you wish to improve your maths skills – whether it’s for an upcoming exam, a new job or simply because you wish to add to your personal development.
- Revisit basic mathematical skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Understand the concepts and learn how to do simple and larger sums, and demonstrate the working out.
- Learn how to use decimals, with emphasis on reading them, writing them and ordering them. Understand how to round up to a whole number, or a specific number of decimal places, and learn how to add, subtract, multiply and divide decimals successfully.
- Understand how to read and write common fractions, and how to order them. Recognise the various fraction equivalents, and understand the concept of ratio.
- Get to grips with percentages, including how to calculate percentage parts of whole numbers, how to figure out percentage increase and decrease and how to use a calculator to find a percentage.
- Gain insight into the various units of measurement and how to work with them, including length, weight, capacity and temperature.
- Learn how to read and plot graphs with confidence.
- Understand basic algebra, and its uses.
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses