Medical Secretary Diploma
Medical secretaries are the foundation of every GP practice, offering the very first point of contact with the general public and taking duty for the all-important role of taking appointments and offering important administrative support to medical personnel. Whether you’re currently employed in a doctors surgery or are searching for a new career, this Medical Secretary Diploma will give you the proficiency and confidence in this crucial job where a caring, friendly mindset is every bit as essential as performance and excellent organisational skills.
16 Detailed Modules
You can study in your own time, finishing the modules and passing the test in days. Additionally, you can take more time over the diploma as you fit it around work and family. It’s your choice – as long as you have access to the web, the benefit of this diploma is that you can work whenever and wherever fits you, with the included advantage of online assistance and the ability to view the study materials whenever you like.
Show Your Professionalism
Medical secretary positions are in-demand, so get ahead of the game by ensuring you’re the smartest person in the room with a mindset that sticks out from the crowd. When you finish the multiple choice exam at the end of the course, you will be sent a certificate that you can download, print and showcase to potential employers.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Essential Learning Points
Prove that you’re serious by providing a dependable and professional service for your GP.
- Gain insight into the many day-to-day duties of a medical secretary.
- Learn how to keep on top of your appointment-booking system.
- Research study various filing systems and gain the skills and self-confidence essential to establish the one that works finest for you.
- Understand the vital problem of patient privacy and learn how patient privacy differs from client personal privacy.
- Learn more about the crucial task of keeping precise and current medical records for patients.
- Learn medical lingo and terms so you can offer efficient assistance to GPs.
- Get to grips with the innovation utilized to create electronic prescriptions, client registrations and more.
- End up being educated about essential health and wellness concerns in the workplace.
- Gain self-confidence in supply and stock management.
- Discover the communication and people abilities you will need to be an effective medical secretary.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
- Introduction, Job Role and Responsibilities
- How to manage Appointment Scheduling
- Filing Systems in Medical Offices
- Patient Confidentiality in the Healthcare Industry
- Definition, Purpose and Benefits of Medical Records
- Understanding Medical Terminology and Jargon
- Information Technology and Computer Usage in Healthcare Administration
- Information Technology and Computers
- Medical Records Management
- Health and Safety in a Healthcare Setting
- Supplies and Inventory Management and Administration
- Communication Skills in a Medical Office
- Communication Skills in a Medical Office Part II
- Law, Medical Services and Ethics
- Medical (Clinical) Coding, Billing and Important Aspects of Medical Administration
- Career Information and Prospects
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!