Scriptwriting, - TV, Film, Stage and Radio Diploma
Do you want to see your words translated into a film, play or radio show?
Then you have arrived at the right place to obtain the fundamentals that will help to get you started with your Scriptwriting career.
With our essential Scriptwriting course, you will get insights into writing the perfect spec script, crafting scenes, and creating that perfect plot. You will learn the guidelines of storytelling, dialogue, character development, and discover what factors make up a good script.
What does a Scriptwriter do?
As a scriptwriter, you will be creative and ambitious, research and develop story ideas, create characters; craft dialogues and writing an engaging plot.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of This Course
- You will develop priceless skills.
- As a scriptwriter, you can work as a freelancer, which means you won’t be governed, by conventional working hours.
- You will have the opportunity to travel.
- By the end of this programme you’ll be writing unforgettable screenplays.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Units of Study
- TV, Film, Stage, Radio
- How to start
- Actual writing
- Writing for radio
- Writing for television
- The feature film
Key Learning Points
Every part of this course will touch on the needs and realities of today’s television, film, stage, and radio industries, providing you with practical knowledge as well as insight.
- Understand how to scope the content of a script
- Identify the different styles and mediums for the playwright
- Discover how to develop the characters
- Identify the steps of scriptwriting
Writing for Radio
- Learn the different ways to write for radio
- Explore the different ways to write for educational programmes
- Explain how to characterise the characters for radio
Writing for Television
- Understand the importance of establishing a character quickly
- Learn how to create a character
- Outline the structure of a drama
- Understand the formats within the television industry
- Identify the time allocation required to play out scenes in a script
- Outline the different types of genre on TV
The Feature Film
- Recognise the ideal conditions for writing a screenplay
- Examine the structure and length of scenes
- Discover how to build scenes
- Understand how and why you should engage an agent
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
342 GBP-350 GBP