Whether you are a bodybuilder, a professional athlete or simply exercising to improve your health, sports nutrition plays a key role in gaining maximum benefit from your physical activity. Making better decisions with your nutrition and hydration can result in improved performance, recovery and injury prevention.
If you take part in regular exercise and are looking to gain sound advice and specialist knowledge in this area, then this course is for you.
What will I learn?
This online course will provide you with sports nutrition advice in order to help you to understand the main nutritional areas and keep your diet well balanced, healthy and supportive towards the level of fitness you are trying to maintain or achieve.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of the Course
- No pre-requisite.
- Available with immediate access from anywhere.
- It can be studied in your own time, at your own pace.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Once you have successfully completed all the modules for your course, you will be awarded: An endorsed Diploma.
Training Course Content
Units of Study
- The nutrient groups
- Anatomy & physiology
- Myths and misconceptions
- The digestive system
- Principles of coaching in sport
- The glycaemic Index
- Planning the diet
- Weight control in sport
- Nutritional ergogenic aids
- Fluid balance
- The day of competition
- The latest thoughts on nutritional advice
- Replacing nutrients after competition
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!