Tarot & Cartomancy Diploma
Tarot is a system of divination, using a specific set of cards (Tarot cards), while Cartomancy is a more generic term meaning any divination method using cards, whether special ones designed for divination (be they Tarot cards or any other sort) or just playing cards.
Taromancy is another term used for tarot card reading. It is a branch of Cartomancy, which is the ability to foretell the future with playing cards.
Tarot card reading originated in the 15th century in Europe. The deck of tarot cards were originally made and invented for the purpose of entertainment and amusement for the early people. They play card games such as French Tarot and Italian Tarocchini with the deck.
However, in the 18th century, the deck of tarot cards was converted and used for divination practices and purposes. The card readers used the deck to calculate feasible and probable results of a natural calamity and assess such influences and circumstances that is surrounding or happening to a person.
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of the Course
- Psychic development will give you some business opportunities. Give advice and psychic readings, cleanse places of negative energies, perform psychic healing and much more.
- This course will prepare you with the code of ethics and your responsibilities for professional counselling.
- You will be equipped with a wonderful insight to your own life too.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Key Learning Points
- Identify the differences between playing cards and tarot
- Explore the difference between the Minor Arcana and the Major Arcana
- Identify the relationships of the suits to astrological signs
- Identify the cards of the major arcana
- Learn the interpretations of the cards
- Identify the significant meanings of Swords and Wands
- Describe the imagery of the Marseille Tarot
- Describe the outline meanings in the Waite Tarot
- Identify the meanings of the Cups and Pentacles
- Describe the imagery and differences between the Marseille and Waite Tarot
- Understand how to ‘spread’ the cards
- Recognise the importance of the cards being perpendicular to you
- Understand the differences between the Celtic, horseshoe, seven pointed star and circular spread
- Understand how ordinary playing cards can be used
- Learn how to use the English Method
- Discover how the Italian method varies from the English method
- Study the 4 stages of reading
- Understand the layout and interpretation of the 36 square using 52 the 52 card pack
- Learn about the wheel of fortune spread
- Understand the importance of using exercises to help develop your intuition
- Understand the most important principle in Tarot reading
- Understand what contributes to a sensitive reading
- Understand how to deal with lack of intuition
Units of Study
- Origins and comparisons of the cards
- Standard interpretations and what they mean
- The 22 cards of the Major Arcana
- Using the 52 card pack
- The 56 cards of the Minor Arcana
- Developing your own psychic intuition
- Divination – using your own spreads
- Tarot counselling and responsibilities
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
Vocational & College Courses