TV Hosting Basics
If you’ve ever watched your favourite TV show and wondered how the presenter managed to land such an exciting job, this course will let you in on those TV hosting secrets! We will take you through the modules with clear, enjoyable video lectures and demonstrations, and equip you with all the tools you need to consider a career in TV hosting for yourself.
What Will I Learn?
From giving you tools to practise to prepare for successful auditions to showing you how to sell yourself on social media, this course has all the basics of TV hosting covered. You’ll also benefit from plenty of insider knowledge, including what it’s like on set – and what can go wrong!
Suitability - Who should attend?
Anybody who has a desire to learn more about this subject is encouraged to do this course. The course has no entry requirements.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
Advantages of the Course
- Video content is easy and enjoyable to watch – no text books or tests to worry about.
- Learn through clear demonstration.
- Technical support available if needed.
- Connect with other learners and compare progress through the points system.
- Learn wherever you have internet access.
- Learn all you need to know to start your journey towards TV hosting success.
- Improve your confidence and presentation skills – useful in many other jobs besides TV hosting.
On completion of the course you will be awarded a certificate.
Training Course Content
Units of Study
- Introduction to Hosting
- Tools To Practice
- Tools of the Trade
- How to Land the Job
- Being on a Set
- What Can go Wrong on Set
- How to Sell
- Q & A
Key Learning Points
Work though video-based modules and learn all the basics of TV hosting.
- Start with an introduction to hosting, including how to engage your audience.
- Work on your auditioning techniques, with two demo videos.
- Learn what tools to practise to ensure total preparation and confidence.
- Practise interviewing techniques, with four demo videos.
- Pick up tips on how to land the job.
- Take a look at what’s involved when you’re on set, including what can go wrong.
- Learn about co-hosting, the different skills needed and how to co-host successfully.
- Understand how to brand and market yourself effectively, including through social media.
- Study how to sell yourself and products, including a demo.
- Learn the importance of a professional coach, and what to look for.
- Finish with a Q&A and conclusion.
Course delivery details
- Location: Online course
- Course Access: 12 Months
- Go at your own pace.
- There are no time limits for this course.
- This course is compatible with all modern devices and browsers.
- On completion of the course, you will be awarded a certificate.
- We are here to help if you have any problems.
With more than 150,000 learners around the world and over 1000 online courses, Harley Oxford is one of the largest elearning platforms around. Looking to learn a new skill or perhaps a hobby, whatever your choice is our courses are...
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!