BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Electrical & Electronic EngineeringHCUC (Harrow College & Uxbridge College)
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering
All available course dates
BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering-B3ENEF
Who is the course for
This course is for students who are currently seeking employment at technician engineer level in the electrical, electronics or computer environment.
Suitability - Who should attend?
GCSE grades 4-9 in five subjects including Mathematics, Science, English Language and 2 of the following - Design Technology, Business and ICT.
Or BTEC Level 2 First Extended Certificate in Engineering with overall MM, and merit in Unit 10 Mathematics for Engineering, with GCSE grades 4-9 in Mathematics.
And a good academic reference or school report.
Training Course Content
This course covers the following units:
- Engineering Principles (External Examination)
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team (Internal Assessment)
- Engineering Product Design and Manufacture (External Assessment)
- Applied Commercial and Quality Principles in Engineering (Internal Assessment)
- A Specialist Engineering Project (Internal Assessment)
- Microcontroller Systems for Engineers (External Assessment)
- Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems (Internal Assessment)
- Further Engineering Mathematics (Internal Assessment)
- Electronic Devices and Circuits (Internal Assessment)
- Analogue Electronic Circuits (Internal Assessment)
- Digital and Analogue Electronic Systems (Internal Assessment)
- Computer Programming (Internal Assessment)
- Electrical Machines (Internal Assessment)
- Electrical Power Distribution and Transmission (Internal Assessment)
- Programmable Logic Controllers (Internal Assessment)
Each unit is studied through workshop and classroom activities. There is a weekly tutorial and private study to enable students to work on their own.
How is the course assessed
Units 1, 3 and 6 will be assessed externally by the awarding body (Pearson). The remaining units will be assessed internally by course assignments and tests.
Where next - Further Studies
Students can progress onto one of the following routes of further studies.
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 HNC in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) at Uxbridge College / West London IoT, then progressing to * Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Engineering (Electrical and Electronic Engineering) and then top up degree BEng in Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Brunel University
- BEng at university
- Apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
Where next - Job Opportunities
Apprenticeship or employment in the engineering sector.
HCUC - Harrow College & Uxbridge College
It’s no surprise that students travel from all over London to study at Harrow College and Uxbridge College. With specialist career advisers on hand to offer advice and guidance, the colleges deliver successful results in further education and career progression....
There are no reviews available yet.
Corporate Training for Teams
Apprenticeship training for companies