The course looks at the emergency and armed services in their role to protect society and defend UK interests abroad.
Year 1 course = 60 creditsYear 2 course = additional 60 credits (total 120 credits)
Course units include:
- Government policies and the Public Services
- Leadership and teamwork in the Public Services
- Citizenship, diversity and the Public Services
- Understanding discipline in the Uniformed Public Services.
Optional units include:
- Crime and its effects on society / Management of major incidents
- Outdoor & adventurous expeditions / Land navigation
- International institutions & Human Rights / Impact of war, conflict & terrorism
- Security Procedures / Response to emergency incidents
- Physical preparation / Fitness testing for the Uniformed Public Services.
Outdoor activities and fitness will form an important part of the programme.
Transferable SkillsStudents will be challenged on their team work, leadership, communication skills and ability to problem solve, while developing knowledge for the Uniformed Public Services.
Who is this course for
This course is for anyone wishing to gain employment in the Uniformed Public Services, e.g. Border Force, Police, Fire & Rescue, Ambulance, Prison & Probation, Security Industry, Royal Navy, Army, Royal Air Force, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Ministry of Defence, National Crime Agency.
4 GCSEs grade 9-4 (grade A*- C) preferably including both English & maths or a relevant Level 2 qualification (with distinction) including English and maths. References may be taken up.
Where next - Further Studies
Progression from the 60 credit Diploma to the Level 3 90 Credit Diploma in Public Services. On completion students can then go onto Foundation Higher Education studies in Knowledge in Policing, Terrorism Studies, Criminology and other Uniformed Public Services degree courses.
Where next - Job Opportunities
Gain employment in science-related roles such as an entry level science technician.
HCUC - Harrow College & Uxbridge College
It’s no surprise that students travel from all over London to study at Harrow College and Uxbridge College. With specialist career advisers on hand to offer advice and guidance, the colleges deliver successful results in further education and career progression....
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!
408 GBP-620 GBP