Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
An Introduction to Effective Project Management
An Introduction to Effective Project Management - 1-day training course for project managers
This highly practical Introduction to Effective Project Management provides delegates with all the essential skills, tools and techniques needed to support in different project management - PM roles.
The comprehensive two-day course concentrates on the practical techniques that you can apply directly to your own workplace. It is focused on exploring the fundamental principles of successful project management and incorporates a number of easy to apply, effective tools and techniques that, when applied in the workplace, will allow the participants to become more confident and competent in managing a project.
The terminology and principles used throughout this course are designed to reflect the current syllabus for the APMP qualification.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This Introduction to Effective Project Management is beneficial to professionals who are:
- New to the role of project manager and/or lack any formal training in the discipline of project management
- Looking to adopt a project approach to managing work or are setting up a Project Support Office
- On the first steps of achieving APMP accreditation
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
What is a Project?
- Defining what we mean by project working and how it differs from the day job
- Determining a structured approach to managing projects - the project life cycle
- Understanding why projects fail - what to watch out for
Defining a Project
- Understanding the role of the project manager and other key stakeholders
- Appreciate the importance of team working within the project
- How to clearly define a project
- Setting and agreeing objectives, scope and constraints
- Understanding what questions to ask
- Recognising the need for project governance
- Simple risk management tools and techniques available to avoid surprises
Planning a Project
- Exploring tools and techniques used in planning a project including Work Breakdown Structures, Gantt Charts, Network Diagrams and Critical Path Analysis
- Determine the key project documentation and data display methods used on a project
- Scheduling techniques to maximise limited resources
- How to make time and cost estimates more credible and realistic
- How to plan for identified risks
- Defining and delivering against agreed quality expectations
- Recognise the need for a change management process and version control in a project
Implementing a Project
- How to monitor, track and control activities
- What impact will changes have on the project?
- Determine corrective actions to ensure the project remains on track
- How to communicate the status of a project more effectively
Closing and Reviewing a Project
- Understanding the need for a controlled close to a project
- Measuring what actually happened against the plan
- Learning lessons - both positive and negative
- Closing down and moving on
The cost of this course is £969 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
We have been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of our approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations in...