Better Communication Skills at WorkHemsley Fraser
Better Communication Skills at Work
This challenging, practical and insightful two-day course explores the communication techniques required to achieve positive results through work interactions.
You will also take away tips, techniques and templates to support you in implementing your communication skills back in the workplace. So whether you need to engage, influence and connect with people in one-to-one discussions, meetings, presentations, audio conferences or other face-to-face methods, this course will give you the underpinning tools to communicate effectively and consistently.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is for all professionals looking to enhance their communication skills; face-to-face, in meetings or on the telephone.
Participants are required to complete a pre-course questionnaire to help guide course activities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- State barriers and filters in communication and how to manage them.
- Engage with others using effective questioning, listening and body language, and understand their perceptions and the impact you have on them.
- Reflect on how you want to be seen and work on presenting a positive image.
- Identify and overcome any negative thinking habits you may have.
- Identify different communication styles in action and flex your style to influence others.
- Convey your message clearly, concisely and assertively.
- Ensure you have understood the message others convey to you and avoid listening blocks.
- Recognise how behaviours impact the effectiveness of communication and select the most appropriate behaviour to the situation.
- Consider the effective use of different room environments and layouts and technology, e.g phone, audio and video conference, webex.
You will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
What Is Effective Communication? Filters, Perceptions and Styles
- Overcoming potential barriers to communication (eg filters and perceptions)
- Clarifying how you wish to portray yourself
- Exploring how you are perceived by others (personal assessment/feedback)
- Understanding and softening different perceptions and communication barriers
- Exploring styles of communication and experimenting with different styles
Assessing Relative Difference - Thinking Styles and Assertiveness
- How to identify and overcome negative thinking styles
- Identify hidden emotions and messages through observation
- Tackling difficult behaviour, delivering difficult messages and maintaining the relationship
- Recognising assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours, and choosing an appropriate response
Building Rapport – Creating a Productive Relationship
- Use of questioning – softening the barriers, using the right approach
- Listening – what to listen for, how to discern acceptance or resistance
- Listening to understand – focus on active listening and reducing listening blocks
How to Influence Others
- Consider the pros and cons of a range of influencing styles
- Requirements and process for moving someone from an entrenched position
- Using and controlling your emotions through words, sounds and presence to create impact
- Handling difficult situations and delivering difficult messages
Communicating in Meetings: Using Technology in Senior and Multicultural Environments
- Meetings – getting heard, being taken seriously, taking control, getting a decision
- Responding to others’ ideas – sharing understanding, support and appreciation
- Communicating effectively using different room layouts and technologies, e.g. audioconference, videoconference and webex
- Engaging with senior and with multicultural audiences (initial suggestions)
Presenting a Positive Image - Personal Application Plan
- Projecting a more confident image through improved communication skills
- Putting communication skills into practice
The cost of this course is £1,129 + VAT per participant.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews
Find out more about this Better Communication Skills at Work course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!