Better Communication Skills at Work - In-House
We all know that communication is important, but how good are we at measuring the effect it has on others and the impact it generates at work?
Understanding and employing effective communication techniques in the office can help your employees achieve their objectives.
This hands-on in-house training course focuses on all of the critical elements, allowing your employees to leave the course with a plan to build their self-confidence and improve their communication techniques.
They will also take away tips, techniques and templates to support them in implementing their communication skills back in the workplace. So whether they need to engage, influence and connect with people in one-to-one discussions, meetings, presentations, audio conferences or other face-to-face methods, this course will give them the underpinning tools to communicate effectively and consistently
The course is delivered in-house and can be tailored upon request to make it even more relevant to your organisation and/or delegates. These sessions are typically held on your company premises, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for professionals looking to improve their communication skills with others in a variety of different settings: face-to-face, in meetings and on the phone.
Participants are required to complete a pre-course questionnaire to help guide course activities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:
- State barriers and filters in communication and how to manage them.
- Engage with others using effective questioning, listening and body language, and understand their perceptions and the impact you have on them.
- Reflect on how you want to be seen and work on presenting a positive image.
- Identify and overcome any negative thinking habits you may have.
- Identify different communication styles in action and flex your style to influence others.
- Convey your message clearly, concisely and assertively.
- Ensure you have understood the message others convey to you and avoid listening blocks.
- Recognise how behaviours impact the effectiveness of communication and select the most appropriate behaviour to the situation.
- Consider the effective use of different room environments and layouts and technology, e.g phone, audio and video conference, webex.
They will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:
- What Is Effective Communication? Filters, Perceptions and Styles
- Assessing Relative Difference - Thinking Styles and Assertiveness
- Building Rapport – Creating a Productive Relationship
- How to Influence Others
- Communicating in Meetings: Using Technology in Senior and Multicultural Environments
- Presenting a Positive Image - Personal Application Plan
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Better Communication Skills at Work - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!