Developing Your Personal Impact & Building Productive Relationships - In-House
This interactive, in-house workshop teaches you how to assess your own style, think differently about your daily interactions, and identify how to develop highly effective approaches to build and manage productive relationships. It will introduce you to the business benefits of understanding your own and others' Emotional Intelligence and using it to your advantage.
You will learn to develop your self-awareness relating to how others perceive you. You will receive constructive feedback from the group and this will help you project the image you wish to in the workplace.
The in-house training format will deliver this knowledge in a highly effective manner, ensuring that skills and behaviours are developed (and adapted) quickly and with measurable results. The session is typically held on your company premises, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This in-house course is suitable for those employeeswishing to improve their interpersonal relationships and who want to reflect on what they are achieving compared to what they hope to achieve.
Participants need to complete an emotions log before attending the workshop and bring them along on the first day of the workshop.
These tools will help them recognise their strengths and personal development areas allowing them to address them with a tailored plan by the end of the workshop.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:
- Analyse your perception of yourself and how that correlates with that portrayed to others.
- Identify your strengths and weaknesses in interpersonal relationships and gain tips and techniques on how to build and develop them.
- Recognise different social styles in practice and how they affect the communication process.
- Understand why and how conflict arises and how to deal with it effectively.
- Recognise the impact of your response on the impression you have on others.
- Develop a strategy so you can personally apply the skills and techniques to your own situations, through peer coaching activities.
They will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:
Building Your Brand
- Understanding how your self-perception corresponds to your image portrayed to others
- Developing a strategy to use positive behaviours to control your image
- How to improve your self-awareness
- Strategies to increase your mutual understanding in relationships in order to build trust
- Having confidence in giving and receiving behaviourally based feedback
Understanding and Improving Your Emotional Intelligence
- Background to Emotional Intelligence (EI) and its uses in the workplace
- Understanding EI as a set of skill competencies that can be improved
- Strategies to build on the 5 core competencies of EI
- Highlighting your key negative emotions and how to regulate them
- Understanding the impact you have on others and showing empathy
Understanding Behavioural Types
- The dynamics of interpersonal relationships
- The essence of assertiveness and its value for you personally and in the workplace
- Avoiding reciprocation of non-assertive behaviours
- Understanding passive aggression as a growing behaviour in the workplace
- Adopting appropriate body language and voice tone to be consistent with the message you intend
Moving to Assertiveness
- Understanding the drivers to non-assertive behaviours
- Being assertive with yourself – identifying your inner dialogue
- Seven steps to improve your communication and personal impact
- A strategy to break your behavioural habits
Managing Your Relationships Through Flexing Your Behaviour
- Understanding the concept of a perceptual position
- What are the different social styles and which is your comfort zone?
- How do you display this preference and how does that affect your communication with others?
- How to develop flexibility between the styles to build more effective relationships with all styles
Understanding Conflict and Resolving Issues Effectively
- How to deal successfully with negative behaviour
- Understanding the need for conflict and how to move towards constructive conflict
- Identifying your personal strategy for handling conflict
- Understanding how to use more positive strategies to resolve conflict
- Why we think we’re right, even when we’re wrong
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Developing Your Personal Impact & Building Productive Relationships - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!