Effective Management and Leadership Styles - In-House
Understanding the ways in which your style of leading and managing affects your employees enables you to encourage, motivate and help your team to work more effectively. This in-house course will assist them to understand what makes companies and people successful and how they can achieve this too.
The practical programme allows them to undertake a leadership styles profile questionnaire and have the opportunity to review their results aswell as reflect on their development needs and strengths. They will then practise each of the management and leadership styles.
This course is delivered in-house and can be tailored upon request to make it even more relevant to your organisation and/or delegates. These sessions are typically held on your company premises, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suited to managers who have some experience and who are looking to improve their understanding of a range of leadership and management styles in order to develop teams through improving individual effectiveness.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:-
- Understand the affect of different styles on other individuals.
- Choose the most appropriate management or leadership style for any situation.
- Increase your capability of motivating others.
- Identify your current management and leadership style.
- Empower others to perform.
- Develop the talent of other individuals through appropriate approaches to suit the situation.
They will accrue 14 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:-
Defining your Role
- Define and differentiate between management and leadership
- Understand the skills and qualities required of managers and leaders in the 21st century
- Identify what your organisation needs, wants and expects of you
- Meet the demands of both your manager and your team
Assess your Management and Leadership Style
- Review your management and leadership style
- Identify your strengths and development needs
- Assess - how do others see you?
- Understand and background to the four leadership styles
- Leading by example - be a role model and project a credible image
The Directional Leader
- Define your team's direction and inspire others to follow
- Lead from the front
- Giving clear simple and motivational messages
- Keep your team focused on results
The Developmental Leader
- Your role as a developer of others
- Assess the individual and team development needs
- The art and skills for training and developing individuals
- Use a coaching style to enable others to act and take responsibility
- The skills to persuade and influence others
The Supportive Leader
- Recognise and reward contributions
- Identify and manage the talent in your team
- Lead with feedback that motivates and develops others
- Create a culture of challenge and support within your team
The Empowering Leader
- Encourage the team to undertake collaborative problem solving
- Make delegated responsibility a part of your team culture
- The advantage of self-managed teams
- The ability to facilitate rather than manage your team
- Create a personal leadership application plan to continue your development within the workplace
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Effective Management and Leadership Styles - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!