Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Effective Office Management
Effective Office Management - 2-Day Training Course in London
This workshop is designed for supervisors and office managers and provides them with the confidence and skills to manage an office environment and its people.
The two-day course allows you to focus on skills such as project management, people management, motivation, prioritising and delegation. You will learn how to effectively deal with issues and how to extract the best from your people.
You will be able to:
- Motivate your staff.
- Understand the responsibilities and role of a successful office manager.
- Provide constructive feedback to individuals.
- Work efficiently with others.
- Prioritise the workload.
- Minimise stress.
- Delegate effectively.
- Use project management tools to plan small projects.
- Manage a simple budget.
- Deal with change.
- Handle difficult situations and conflict.
- Make good decisions and solve problems creatively.
- Control meetings and briefings assertively and constructively.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new supervisors, office managers and office professionals who manage processes and people, and are looking for some formal introductory management training.
Training Course Content
This course is designed to cover the following training units:
Define your Role and Responsibilities
- What is required of you – role and responsibilities?
- Your legal obligations
- How ‘green’ is your office?
Getting the Most from the Role and Your Team
- Achieve the balance of the task, the team and the individual
- Manage performance – giving criticism and praise
- Set and meet personal and team objectives
- Give constructive feedback to motivate staff
- Delegate to staff to maximise achievement of objectives
- Motivate and develop staff to improve performance
Time and Workload Management
- Prioritise when everything is urgent
- Set realistic objectives for your team
- Minimise stress
- Increasing productivity and efficiency
Managing Small Projects
- Use simple project management techniques to plan for success
- Manage your budget
- Recognise how people can think and act differently
- Deal with the effects of change
- Handle meetings and briefings assertively
Handling Problems Effectively
- Think creatively to find solutions
- Make decisions you can justify
- Supervise people you used to work alongside
- Deal with conflict and difficult situations
- Prepare and develop an action plan to support your return to the workplace
The cost of this course with Hemsley Fraser is £999 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Effective Office Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!