Effective Time Management
Effective Time Management - 1-Day Training Course
This one day training course uses practical exercises and an examination of proven time management tools and techniques for personal development, to give you the ability to plan and prioritise effectively.
This is a practical workshop which shows you where and how you lose time and what effect that has on you and others.
The age old question of “where does all my time go?” is answered in this one day workshop. As well as identifying how precious your time is, this course gives you proven techniques to effectively protect and manage it.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and focus on your key areas of responsibilities and objectives.
- Regard time as a resource to be managed.
- Identify and overcome the causes of poor time management.
- Increase you own and your team's productivity to achieve a greater work/life balance.
- Recognise and deal with time stealers.
- Prioritise your tasks and the unexpected.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for busy people who want to be able to manage their time more effectively.
Participants will need to identify what the key areas of work which they consider to be the most important to their role and the most urgent are, prior to attending the course (they may be one and the same or very different!).
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
- What do we mean by time management?
- Being able to recognise what good and poor time management is
- Defining what you are expected to achieve in your role
- Linking your objectives to key result areas
- Identify your responsibilities and priorities
- Being able to set goals and objectives for yourself
- Choosing your long-term goals and how they can help your planning
- Defining your personal time stealers and how to deal with them
Planning and Prioritising
- Identifying key tips and techniques on how to prioritise your workload
- Using modern planning tools to optimum effect to develop proactive planning
- Controlling your emails
- Scheduling tools in Outlook
- Using your Blackberry/PDA
- Identifying how to balance your focus and energies when managing your time
- How to use the key criteria for prioritising
- Time management - practical application exercises
Making it Work
- Q & A session on other time management issues
- Practical exercise to review your time issues
- Creating a practical and personal action plan to implement back in the workplace
- Making a promise (using the network of participants to support you implementing your plan)
The cost of this course is £599 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Contact information for Hemsley Fraser
Reviews by course attendees
Find out more about this Effective Time Management course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!