Want inspiration and special offers for your development? Sign up to our email alerts here!
Essential Influencing and Persuading Skills
Essential Influencing and Persuading Skills - 2-Day Training Course
This Essential Influencing and Persuading Skills course is designed to enable participants to become more confident, influential and persuasive at work through recognising the link between communication skills and the impact they can have on others.
The comprehensive 2-day programme focuses on self-awareness, using many different styles of learning to ensure that you leave with a sense of confidence, well-founded on enhanced capabilities. In order to influence the thinking and behaviour of others and persuade them to your way of thinking, you need to communicate confidently, build a relationship and remain assertive even when pressured.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify your own preferred influencing style.
- Develop more effective and creative behaviours for influencing and persuading.
- Communicate in a more persuasive manner with colleagues and individuals from outside your organisation.
- Articulate complicated ideas in a way that improves understanding and increases the likelihood of success.
- Be a more active listener and use enhanced persuasion skills to shape opinions.
- Communicate with increased confidence at meetings.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to develop their communication skills and discover the behaviours that will create influence. It is also ideal for those who want to be heard and encourage others to align with their values and thinking in the workplace.
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
The Difference Between Influencing and Persuading
- Defining influence and persuasion
- Setting the context for influencing and persuading in your role
Positive and Assertive Communication
- Your personal communication style
- Communication style, self-analysis/skills audit
- Not saying 'yes' when you know you should be saying 'no'
- Expressing your ideas in an assertive and effective manner
- Contributing at meetings and gaining cooperation from others
Persuasive and Influential Communication
- Ensuring your communication is clear, concise and easily understood
- Enhancing your questioning and listening skills
- Persuasive communication - gaining others' agreement
- Creating a positive impression when dealing with senior colleagues
An Introduction to Transactional Analysis (TA)
- An introduction to the TA ego states
- How TA can help us be more persuasive
- Knowing our own ego states, when we are triggered into non-assertive behaviours and by whom
- Preparing a personal action plan
- Top tips to support your return to the workplace
The cost of this course is £999 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation's needs.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Essential Influencing and Persuading Skills course - simply fill out your details:
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's first annual U.K. L&D Report!
There are no reviews available yet.