Essential Influencing and Persuading Skills - In-House
This in-house course is designed to enable attendees to become more influential, confident and persuasive at work by recognising the link between communication skills and the impact they can have on others.
The programme focuses on self-awareness, using various styles of learning to ensure that you leave with a sense of confidence, well-founded on enhanced capabilities. In order to influence the behaviour and thinking of others and persuade them to your way of thinking, you need to build a relationship, communicate confidently and remain assertive even when pressured.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify your own influencing style.
- Articulate difficult ideas in a way that improves understanding and improves the likelihood of success.
- Develop more creative and effective behaviours for persuading and influencing.
- Communicate with increased confidence.
- Communicate in a more persuasive manner with individuals from outside your organisation as well as colleagues.
- Be a more active listener and use enhanced persuasion skills to shape opinions.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone who wants to develop their communication skills and discover the behaviours that will create influence. It is also ideal for those who want to be heard and encourage others to align with their values and thinking in the workplace.
Training Course Content
The course covers the following topics:
The Difference Between Influencing and Persuading
- Defining influence and persuasion
- Setting the context for influencing and persuading in your role
Positive and Assertive Communication
- Your personal communication style
- Communication style, self-analysis/skills audit
- Not saying 'yes' when you know you should be saying 'no'
- Expressing your ideas in an assertive and effective manner
- Contributing at meetings and gaining cooperation from others
Persuasive and Influential Communication
- Ensuring your communication is clear, concise and easily understood
- Enhancing your questioning and listening skills
- Persuasive communication - gaining others' agreement
- Creating a positive impression when dealing with senior colleagues
An Introduction to Transactional Analysis (TA)
- An introduction to the TA ego states
- How TA can help us be more persuasive
- Knowing our own ego states, when we are triggered into non-assertive behaviours and by whom
- Preparing a personal action plan
- Top tips to support your return to the workplace
From £3,200. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Essential Influencing and Persuading Skills - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!