Essential Negotiation Skills - In-House
This detailed one-day course teaches you how to utilise your negotiation skills to facilitate decisions and agreements that achieve results for all parties involved.
This interactive course offers you the opportunity to improve your existing skills in a low risk environment. Participants will learn how to improve their negotiation skills to enable and facilitate decisions that achieve win-win results. Participants will receive a CD containing templates and guidance notes to use for the preparation and planning stages, before conducting negotiations.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the value of planning and preparing to achieve win-win results.
- Develop and analyse your range of behavioural and interpersonal skills that are essential for successful negotiation.
- Understand the processes necessary for successful negotiations.
- Put your new skills into practice with confidence.
- Understand the difference between collaborative, transactional and creative negotiation.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those new to negotiating and who wish to develop their skills and self-confidence, particularly for one-to-one negotiations with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
To gain the maximum benefit, before attending the course you will be sent an activity to complete which asks you to consider current expectations and challenges. This will help you set the context of the course and will be used on the day as part of the course activities.
Training Course Content
This course is designed to cover the following areas:
Core Skills and the Negotiation Process
- Transactional, collaborative and creative negotiation.
- The negotiation process.
- The importance of planning your negotiation.
The Essential Steps of the Negotiation Process
- Planning and preparation – best alternatives to succeed (BATNAs)
- Opening, proposing and negotiating for a win/win result
- Reaching agreement, review and execution.
The Behavioural Skills of a Good Negotiator
- Your sources of power in negotiation.
- Understanding negotiation styles.
- Questioning and listening.
- Adopting a WIN-WIN mindset and avoiding deadlock.
- Managing reactions – 1-2-1 and team based negotiations.
Personal Action Plan
- Negotiating with yourself – your personal contract to change how you negotiate and put the learning into practice at work.
Please contact Hemsley Fraser for pricing details.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Essential Negotiation Skills - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!