Essential Negotiation Skills - In-House
This detailed one-day in-house course teaches your employees how to utilise their negotiation skills to facilitate decisions and agreements that achieve results for all parties involved.
This interactive course offers you the opportunity to improve their existing skills in a low risk environment. Participants will learn how to improve their negotiation skills to enable and facilitate decisions that achieve win-win results.
The session is delivered on your company premises, allowing your employees to assimilate knowledge and skills in a familiar environment, but can also be delivered in Hemsley Fraser's state-of-the-art training facility. Tailoring is available upon request.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for those new to negotiating and who wish to develop their skills and self-confidence, particularly for one-to-one negotiations with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
To gain the maximum benefit, before attending the course you will be sent an activity to complete which asks you to consider current expectations and challenges. This will help you set the context of the course and will be used on the day as part of the course activities.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course your employees will be able to:-
- Understand the processes necessary for successful negotiations.
- Understand the difference between transactional, collaborative and creative negotiation.
- Understand the value of planning and preparing to achieve win-win results.
- Analyse and develop your range of interpersonal and behavioural skills that are crucial for successful negotiation.
- Put your new skills straight into practice confidently.
They will accrue 7 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The course can be tailored to your organisation and covers:-
Core Skills and the Negotiation Process
- Transactional, collaborative and creative negotiation.
- The negotiation process.
- The importance of planning your negotiation.
The Essential Steps of the Negotiation Process
- Planning and preparation – best alternatives to succeed (BATNAs)
- Opening, proposing and negotiating for a win/win result
- Reaching agreement, review and execution.
The Behavioural Skills of a Good Negotiator
- Your sources of power in negotiation.
- Understanding negotiation styles.
- Questioning and listening.
- Adopting a WIN-WIN mindset and avoiding deadlock.
- Managing reactions – 1-2-1 and team based negotiations.
Personal Action Plan
- Negotiating with yourself – your personal contract to change how you negotiate and put the learning into practice at work.
From £1,600. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Essential Negotiation Skills - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!