Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team LeadershipHemsley Fraser
Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team Leadership
This is an intensive 3-day course which focuses in on all the crucial tools and techniques demanded of new managers in today’s fast paced business environment. Utilising true-to-life examples and insights from an experienced facilitator, you will leave with a practical toolkit of best practice management techniques.
This is a comprehensive and demanding course pivotal to your development as a manager and leader.
Ensures that you are fully prepared with the essential management and leadership skills and confidence to achieve success with this rapid development course. This course will teach you how to plan and set goals, manage and motivate for improved performance, and anticipate hiccups and breakdowns while delivering clear leadership.
You will learn how to:
- Define your role as both a leader and a manage.
- Deal with difficult behaviour effectively by providing constructive feedback.
- Define clear objectives and standards of performance.
- Prioritise and plan your workload using effective goal planning, delegation and key skills for managing information.
- Motivate, manage and lead your team to deliver results and meet objectives.
- Use your communication skills with more impact to influence and persuade your team effectively and manage better meetings.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new supervisors, team leaders and managers who have no prior training.
Training Course Content
The contents of the course are as follows:
Stepping Up to your New Role
- What is required of you? Role and responsibilities
- The role and characteristics of successful leaders
- Making the transition to a manager of others
- Meeting the demands of your manager and team
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change
- Appreciate people’s reactions to change and manage them effectively
Successful Interpersonal Communication
- Overcoming the barriers to effective communication
- Building relationships through positive communication
- Communicating more assertively in meetings
- Influencing and persuading colleagues
Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Techniques for self-management
- Identifying key result areas
- Deal with information overload
- The process of delegation and its benefits
- Learn a model for effective delegation
- Identify and overcome the barriers to effective delegation
Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- Distinguish team roles and responsibilities
- Create the ability to recognise and manage the different roles
- Maximise and maintain input and motivation - building the desire for results
- Theories of motivation and their impact in the workplace
- Practical ideas on how to motivate your team
- Recognise the signs of demotivation - tools and techniques to turn this around
Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and Development
- Identify the team’s coaching and training needs
- Coaching skills for managers
- Provide recognition and feedback
- Respond to poor performers
Problem Solving and Dealing with Conflict
- A six-step technique for problem solving and decision making
- Deal with difficult people and situations - working towards positive conclusions
- Handle conflict within the team and promoting cooperative behaviour
- Recognise and adapt your preferred style for resolving conflict
Your Future Development
- Your facilitator will coach and assist you to develop a personal application plan to implement on your return to work.
The cost of this course is £1,599 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team Leadership course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!