Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team LeadershipHemsley Fraser
Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team Leadership
This is an intensive 3-day course is full of practical steps to help you get started as a team leader. We will focus on key knowledge, skills and behaviours needed by managers to be confident in their new role.
Concentrate on finding out your style and how positively to approach team responsibilities such as giving feedback, coaching, enhancing motivation, managing change, communicating strategic objectives and addressing poor performance.
You will also pick up tips to deal successfully with day-to-day challenges such as team meetings, information overload and email management. You will feel confident applying what you learn thanks to the experienced facilitator’s insight and plenty of practice time using real workplace situations. You will leave fully equipped with a practical toolkit of best practice management techniques and a personal application plan.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new supervisors, team leaders and managers who have no prior training.
We recommend that you take some time to complete the pre-course work for this course as the outputs will be used throughout the three days to tailor the experience to your needs.
Outcome / Qualification etc.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define your role as both a manager and a leader.
- Establish clear objectives and standards of performance for your team.
- Motivate, manage and lead your team to meet objectives and deliver results.
- Plan and prioritise your workload using effective delegation, goal planning and key skills for managing information.
- Deal effectively with difficult behaviour by providing constructive feedback.
- Use your communication skills to manage meetings more assertively and to influence your team.
You will accrue 21 Continuous Professional Development (CPD) points.
Training Course Content
The contents of the course are as follows:
Stepping Up to Your New Role
- What is required of you? Role and responsibilities
- The role and behaviours of successful leaders
- Making the transition to a manager of others - find your leadership style
- Meeting the demands of your team
- Your role and how it fits in the organisation’s purpose
- Organisational culture, vision, mission and strategy
Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- Distinguish team roles and responsibilities
- Create the ability to recognise and manage the different roles
- Maximise and maintain input and motivation
- Theories of motivation and their impact in the workplace
- Practical ideas on how to motivate your team
- Recognise the signs of demotivation - tools and techniques to turn this around
Successful Interpersonal Communication
- Overcoming the barriers to effective communication
- Building relationships through questioning and listening
- Communicating more assertively in team meetings
- Influencing and persuading colleagues
Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Techniques for self-management including how to prioritise and plan effectively
- Identifying key result areas
- Deal with information overload
- The process of delegation and its benefits
- Learn a model for effective delegation
- Identify and overcome the barriers to effective delegation
Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and Development
- Identify the team’s coaching and training needs
- Coaching skills for managers
- Provide recognition and feedback using a structured approach
- Respond to poor performers
Dealing with Conflict
- Identify your preferred influencing style
- Recognise the influencing behaviours of your team members
- Deal with difficult people and situations assertively
- Handle conflict within the team and promote cooperative behaviour
- Recognise and adapt your preferred style for resolving conflict
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change
- Appreciate people’s reactions to change and manage them effectively
Your Future Development
- Your facilitator will coach and assist you to develop a personal application plan to implement on your return to work.
The cost of this course is £1,649 + VAT per delegate.
Multiple booking discounts are available.
Hemsley Fraser can also deliver this course in-house, tailoring the content to meet your organisation’s needs. Please get in touch for a quote.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team Leadership course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!