Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team Leadership - In-House
This is a 3-day in-house course which focuses in on all the key techniques and tools required by new managers in today’s fast paced business environment. Using real-world examples and insights from an experienced facilitator, your employees will leave with a practical toolkit of best practice management techniques.
This is a detailed course important to the development of leaders and managers and ensures that they are well-prepared with the essential leadership and management skills and confidence to achieve success. This course teaches managers and leaders how to set goals and plan, manage and motivate for improved performance, and anticipate issues and breakdowns while delivering clear leadership.
You will learn how to:
- Clearly define your role as both a leader and a manage.
- Prioritise and plan your workload using effective delegation, goal planning and key skills for managing information.
- Deal with difficult behaviour effectively by providing constructive feedback.
- Define clear objectives and standards of performance.
- Use your communication skills with more impact.
- Motivate, manage and lead your team to meet objectives.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This course is suitable for new supervisors, team leaders and managers who have no prior training.
Training Course Content
The contents of the course are as follows:
Stepping Up to your New Role
- What is required of you? Role and responsibilities
- The role and characteristics of successful leaders
- Making the transition to a manager of others
- Meeting the demands of your manager and team
- Understanding the nature of change
- A model for implementing change
- Appreciate people’s reactions to change and manage them effectively
Successful Interpersonal Communication
- Overcoming the barriers to effective communication
- Building relationships through positive communication
- Communicating more assertively in meetings
- Influencing and persuading colleagues
Personal Effectiveness, Time Management and Delegation
- Techniques for self-management
- Identifying key result areas
- Deal with information overload
- The process of delegation and its benefits
- Learn a model for effective delegation
- Identify and overcome the barriers to effective delegation
Team Building, People Management and Motivation
- Distinguish team roles and responsibilities
- Create the ability to recognise and manage the different roles
- Maximise and maintain input and motivation - building the desire for results
- Theories of motivation and their impact in the workplace
- Practical ideas on how to motivate your team
- Recognise the signs of demotivation - tools and techniques to turn this around
Enhancing Team Performance through Coaching and Development
- Identify the team’s coaching and training needs
- Coaching skills for managers
- Provide recognition and feedback
- Respond to poor performers
Problem Solving and Dealing with Conflict
- A six-step technique for problem solving and decision making
- Deal with difficult people and situations - working towards positive conclusions
- Handle conflict within the team and promoting cooperative behaviour
- Recognise and adapt your preferred style for resolving conflict
Your Future Development
- Your facilitator will coach and assist you to develop a personal application plan to implement on your return to work.
From £4,800. Please contact Hemsley Fraser for a quote for this in-house course.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser – Be Ready For Tomorrow
Hemsley Fraser create, deliver and execute learning experiences to drive higher levels of engagement. From our roots as a UK training company, we’ve empowered talent for three decades, evolving our business into a global, award-winning provider. Experts in our field,...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Fast Track to Successful People Management and Team Leadership - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!