Finance for Non-Financial Managers - In-House
This in-house training helps participants to understand and manage the effects of their decisions on business results, interact more productively with their finance-based colleagues, and to demonstrate more influence on decision-making in their organisation.
Highly practical and straightforward, this in-house course allows you to get straight to the root of financial issues, gives you confidence and control when making financial decisions, and demystifies financial information.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Demystify the rules of capital expenditure vs operational expenditure helping you to justify investments to your senior managers and finance team.
- Understand how your daily decisions affect profit and cashflow.
- Review financial information relating to:
- your business (helping you to set targets for improvement).
- competitors (what can we learn from benchmarking their results?).
- existing customers (are they still viable?) and potential customers (are they a credit risk?).
- your subsidiaries (helping you to manage and set targets for your team).
- Manage the budgeting process to:
- ensure business strategy is implemented.
- negotiate funding for improvement or efficiency initiatives.
- manage financial performance, understanding variances and taking action to achieve your budget and objectives.
- win in the negotiation over funds allocated to your budget, ensuring it’s achievable.
- Easily assess the viability of entering new markets or developing new products.
Suitability - Who should attend?
This in-house course is suitable for managers who wish to acquire a clear understanding of the fundamentals of business finance and the financial implications of decisions they make.
Training Course Content
Course content includes:
The Nature and Purpose of Accounting
- A simple model of an organisation’s accounting framework
- Who uses the accounts and what do they use them for?
- Where can I find out about my organisation’s/my competitors’ financial position?
Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow Statements
- Their structure and terminology, what they tell us and why they need to be reviewed together to gain a full understanding of business performance
- Using financial information as a management tool
- Understanding how operational income and costs are accounted for and the implications for how you manage costs in your department
- Understanding working capital : What it is? How can we manage it?
- Why too much working capital is bad for you and too little may be disastrous
- Optimising working capital for your organisation and the implications for negotiating with customers and suppliers
- The distinction between profit and cash flow
- Considering sources of funding
Understanding Management Accounting Including Budgeting
- Putting together a robust budget
- Negotiating budget funding
- Assessing variances and reforecasting the budget
- Evaluating feasibility of operational projects via break-even analysis
- The effects of depreciation
- Formulating an action plan
Please contact Hemsley Fraser for pricing details.
Provider: Hemsley Fraser
Hemsley Fraser - Leading Transformation around the Globe
Hemsley Fraser has been helping to transform organisations and individuals for over 25 years - Inspiring learners in over 90 countries worldwide. At the heart of their approach is the goal of making working life better. Hemsley Fraser has operations...
Request information - obligation free
Customer Outreach Award
We believe that it should be easy for you to find and compare training courses.
Our Customer Outreach Award is presented to trusted providers who are excellent at responding to enquiries, making your search quicker, more efficient and easier, too.
Find out more about this Finance for Non-Financial Managers - In-House course - simply fill out your details:
There are no reviews available yet.
Are you curious about the L&D strategies of some of the U.K.'s top companies?
Find out what they're up to in findcourses.co.uk's second annual U.K. L&D Report!